Ted Nugent

ArmyGuitar

• Members

Politics aside, Ted Nugent epitomizes boring, banal, repetitive wankery more than anyone else. His suckage cannot even be measured by our current technology. I've never quite understood his appeal. Then I found out he was a right winger. It made sense. He said that if Obama were re-elected that he (Ted) would be "dead or in jail" - I hope that both of those things come to pass, but knowing Ted it's just another bull{censored} chickenhawk statement. When it comes to following through...Ted only really "takes charge" with animals and underage girls.

I dont think you really understand what "politics aside" actually means.

Forming the opinion about someones artistic talent, or lack thereof in this case, makes sense because of their political views and then wishing them dead is the exact opposite of politics aside.

So I urge you if you are going to be tgat strongbin your opinions about someones political views that it actually dictates your artistic opinion of them, then own it. Dont hide behing innocent sounding phrases like politics aside when it is clear by the rest of your post that they are in fact, NOT aside.

Its ok. Just own it. Dont be afraid to say what you mean.

Ted wouldnt.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the stench of flaming Nugent in the evening... Hope he chokes on an antler then he can go meet Fred Bear and Charlton Fesstoon in the big karma hunt in the sky... Where the Indian spirits hunt them for killing off their food chain..

• Members

I love the stench of flaming Nugent in the evening... Hope he chokes on an antler then he can go meet Fred Bear and Charlton Fesstoon in the big karma hunt in the sky... Where the Indian spirits hunt them for killing off their food chain..

Im pretty sure none of the animals Ted hunts are endangered species. Im pretty sure Ted and the GREAT Charleton Heston are not responsible for killing off the Native Americans' food supply, also I dont think the Native American are actual "Indians", or injuns or any other misplaced misraced anthropomorphic misspeak as you implied, You are leftting your passion and emotions let you say things that are based in fantasy and not reality.

Also, thanks for sharing with us who you wish dead.

I was just sitting there earlier, thinking... I wonder who that kulardenu dude from Harmony Central wishes was dead.....?

• Members

Well after the election he's either going to be in prison or dead anyway... He has a built in death wish it seems...

Lot of celebrities get confused like that and think because people paid attention to them because of their artistic accomplishments that we care what they say about politics.

What happened to Alec Baldwin and Susan Seranden leaving the country for good if George W wins? Im still waiting for them to leave.

• Members

The Nuge may not be certifiably insane, but he still has significant mental problems. No two ways about it, ol' Teddy Boy is inflicted with obsessive / compulsive disorder that seems to be steadily getting worse, as well as frequent bouts of eccentricity, hyperactivity, and a general lack of maturity.

• Moderators

Politics aside, Ted Nugent epitomizes boring, banal, repetitive wankery more than anyone else. His suckage cannot even be measured by our current technology. I've never quite understood his appeal. Then I found out he was a right winger. It made sense. He said that if Obama were re-elected that he (Ted) would be "dead or in jail" - I hope that both of those things come to pass, but knowing Ted it's just another bull{censored} chickenhawk statement. When it comes to following through...
Ted only really "takes charge" with animals and underage girls

I fully endorse this post, it simply reeks of harsh hometruths

• Members

I dont think you really understand what "politics aside" actually means.

Forming the opinion about someones artistic talent, or lack thereof in this case, makes sense because of their political views and then wishing them dead is the exact opposite of politics aside.

So I urge you if you are going to be tgat strongbin your opinions about someones political views that it actually dictates your artistic opinion of them, then own it. Dont hide behing innocent sounding phrases like politics aside when it is clear by the rest of your post that they are in fact, NOT aside.

Its ok. Just own it. Dont be afraid to say what you mean.

Ted wouldnt.

I interpreted the quoted text differently. When BryanMichael said "Then I found out he was a right winger. It made sense," it suggested to me that he formed his artistic impression of Nugent's playing without being aware of the man's politics.

Personally, I have no problem evaluating an artist's work separately from their politics and appreciate the former even if I disagree with the latter... unless that artist decides to use the fame they've acquired through their art as a way to gain an audience for their political views. When that happens, there's no more separating art from politics because they've chosen to politicize their art.

• Members

How many people here can say they've fired an assault rifle while listening to some Nuge? In 1995, I had just finished building an awesome SKS (think semi-auto AK47) and took it out shooting with some buddies. I'm burning through my third magazine and Stranglehold comes on the radio. I didn't even know Nuge was so pro-gun at the time!

{censored} yeah bro!!!!... *smashes empty beer can against head*

i like listening to nuge while i drive my tank down the main street to pick up a batch of chewing tobacco

• Members

Sorry, anyone who spews the right-wing credo like the Nuge, but admits to {censored}ting his pants and not bathing to get out of going to Vietnam is nothing more than a loud-mouthed chickenhawk blowhard hypocrite.

He'll talk {censored} about carrying guns, being patriotic and how this politician or that is a communist, but {censored}s his pants to avoid shooting at targets that can shoot back, he loses all credibility in my eyes.

Oh, and to keep it on topic, he's a passable guitarist but has {censored}ty music.

• Members

{censored} yeah bro!!!!...
*smashes empty beer can against head*

i like listening to nuge while i drive my tank down the main street to pick up a batch of chewing tobacco

If I had a good place to park one, I'd own a tank, or at least a deuce and a half... Maybe even a half track. You can keep the tobacco though, I never touch the stuff..

• Members
I interpreted the quoted text differently. When BryanMichael said "
Then
I found out he was a right winger. It made sense," it suggested to me that he formed his artistic impression of Nugent's playing without being aware of the man's politics.

Indeed, that is what I meant.

My uncle listened to Ted when I was growing up (my uncle was a teenager at the time - it was the 70's). He had huge posters of Nugent on his walls. I know that Ted himself is a tee-totaler and not into drugs, but I'll always have the association in my head because of my uncle, who was really into pot, beer, and whatever else he could get his hands on. Today he is a 48 year old homeless veteran and drug addict that has moved up to crack cocaine. He was recently diagnosed with cancer and is staying part time in a shelter and at a VA hospital in Florida trying to get clean while he battles the cancer. None of that is Ted's fault, but whenever I hear "Stranglehold" all I can think is that someone else is out there getting {censored}ed up and thinking Ted is the greatest.

That experience ASIDE, Over the course of my live, I've tried to re-visit things I didn't like at various times...and Ted always comes off as repetitive, boring, wanky (and not even in a "good" way) and...well, dumb. :idk:

• Members

{censored} yeah bro!!!!...
*smashes empty beer can against head*

Have you ever fired a gun before Mrsully?

It can definitely be quite fun and exciting. It is something that takes skill and practice to get better at, it can be quite challenging and it is just a lot of fun.

Im talking about shooting targets both moving and stationary. Im not talking about hunting and killing theings which I dont do. Maybe give it a try before you just assume everyone that shoots is just some dumb uneducated inbred redneck. I grew up with guns starting with bb guns as a kid. I love shooting guns. Oh and Ive never shot at or killed any animals unless you consider fish, and a couple of birds when I was a kid that I still have a broken heart about. I will never kill another animalas long as I live other than fish, or maybe some bugs or something.

Shooting guns for a hobby or competition is avtually a lot of fun and I highly recvomend trying it to anyone that hasnt done it, especially to those that mock it. You will find that owning and shooting doesnt drop your IQ and it doesnt automatically make you want to go out and kill things. It DOES, however, make you want to go out and shoot again and to challenge yourself to keep improving your shooting. Some of the best times I have had involve shooting guns. I dont use them to hurt other people or animals, I have a lot of fun shooting them and I am going to appologise to nobody for that.

• Members

Have you ever fired a gun before Mrsully?

It can definitely be quite fun and exciting. It is something that takes skill and practice to get better at, it can be quite challenging and it is just a lot of fun.

Im talking about shooting targets both moving and stationary. Im not talking about hunting and killing theings which I dont do. Maybe give it a try before you just assume everyone that shoots is just some dumb uneducated inbred redneck. I grew up with guns starting with bb guns as a kid. I love shooting guns. Oh and Ive never shot at or killed any animals unless you consider fish, and a couple of birds when I was a kid that I still have a broken heart about. I will never kill another animalas long as I live other than fish, or maybe some bugs or something.

Shooting guns for a hobby or competition is avtually a lot of fun and I highly recvomend trying it to anyone that hasnt done it, especially to those that mock it. You will find that owning and shooting doesnt drop your IQ and it doesnt automatically make you want to go out and kill things. It DOES, however, make you want to go out and shoot again and to challenge yourself to keep improving your shooting. Some of the best times I have had involve shooting guns. I dont use them to hurt other people or animals, I have a lot of fun shooting them and I am going to appologise to nobody for that.

yes i've shot a gun before... it's not something i'm interested in doing again

i'm also not intereted in getting into a debate on guns

i just found "How many people here can say they've fired an assault rifle while listening to some Nuge" to be amusing... so i had some fun with it

Archived