Typical British weather! About to go play an outdoor street party...

bluesnapper

• Members

Devon had the worst of the rain yesterday evening, fingers crossed. Pretty overcast today, but dry-ish.

Best of luck, dude! And don't drink the free beer until the show's over... Learned that the hard and hilarious way.

• Members

... and after a week of blazing hot summer-type weather, too. God must be a republican ...

(With a small 'r', in the British sense.)

Why else would He -- LITERALLY -- rain on Her Maj's parade?

• Members

I think this weather is very British and that those who are celebrating the Jubilee should expect nothing less. And should be more prepared. Any true Brit knows that for any outdoor event it is essential to pack suntan lotion, an umbrella and wellington boots. And to take your own toliet paper.

• Members

... and after a week of blazing hot summer-type weather, too. God must be a republican ...

(With a small 'r', in the British sense.)

Why else would He -- LITERALLY -- rain on Her Maj's parade?

so BBC World could paly the worst Jubilee joke

"So today it is not only Queen Elizabeth II that reigns over all of us".

• Members

Just got back... lots of fun. Small crowd huddled together under a couple of tents. Played for an hour, then got up and jammed a bit later on. All for food and beer.

Glad I took the Strat... don't think either of my Gibsons could have handled the cold and wet and stayed in tune.

Now I've done my bit for queen and country I can go back to behaving like a right little hoodlum again. :rawk:

• Members

I feel sorry for your gig fiasco, but I am very glad that the Diamond Jubilee has been rained on heavily. We thought it was all over in 1977, and that the Silver one would be the last one - punk and all that. But unfortunately its bark was louder than its bite.

• Members

I feel sorry for your gig fiasco, but I am very glad that the Diamond Jubilee has been rained on heavily. We thought it was all over in 1977, and that the Silver one would be the last one - punk and all that. But unfortunately its bark was louder than its bite.

Hahaa... actually I'm a hardened republican (small 'R'!) and wouldn't have agreed to play if I'd realised it was going to be a Jubilee party - turned out not to be though - just some canny residents who'd used it as an excuse to get some live loud music and a few barrels of local ale out in their street!

Gig was really good fun in the end. Had fifty or so people watching - a few even danced at the front! It felt very 'British' - everyone was determined to enjoy themselves and there was very little grumbling about the weather!

I've got good bookings for proper gigs in the past from playing free community events like this - hopefully something will come out of this too!

• Members

Hahaa... actually I'm a hardened republican (small 'R'!) and wouldn't have agreed to play if I'd realised it was going to be a Jubilee party - turned out not to be though - just some canny residents who'd used it as an excuse to get some live loud music and a few barrels of local ale out in their street!

Gig was really good fun in the end. Had fifty or so people watching - a few even danced at the front! It felt very 'British' - everyone was determined to enjoy themselves and there was very little grumbling about the weather!

I've got good bookings for proper gigs in the past from playing free community events like this - hopefully something will come out of this too!

Good to hear.

Yes, British weather can be bad... but it's the price you pay for luscious green.

• Members

Just got back... lots of fun. Small crowd huddled together under a couple of tents. Played for an hour, then got up and jammed a bit later on. All for food and beer.

Glad I took the Strat... don't think either of my Gibsons could have handled the cold and wet and stayed in tune.

Now I've done my bit for queen and country I can go back to behaving like a right little hoodlum again.
:rawk:

Hooliganism!

Archived