Played my first Carvin tonight...I get it

ashasha

• Members

I believe that it's a CT6M or something. I don't know what pickups are in it or any of the real specifics yet, but I understand why people go ape {censored} over these things. I really thought that the stock pickups would be kind of blahhh or something, but I was really impressed with them. The whole damn guitar is just outstanding and for what I believe the cost of it was I'm not really sure if there is anything better made out there. I'm not real high on the color, but the construction is really on par with the PRS'i I've played and I actually like the way this sounds better.

I haven't had GAS for anything for months if not years, but this has my wallet rumbling a bit.

• Members

My friend had a Carvin Superstrat type thing that was flat out amazing. It sounded great live and was very versatile. He went thru many guitars in the band we both played, and the Carvin and a Gibson LP gold top were the best sounding guitars he played. His list included every high end maker you can think of....PRS, Jackson, PRS, Fender.....

• Members
How did the neck feel on it ashasha? Shape and girth and whatnot. I am toying with getting one but worry the neck will be too thin.

It felt good; of course that doesn't say a whole lot. :) It was unfinished which I like, it was a bit like between a 50 and 60 Gibson profile to me. I think that it was about a 12" radius so it's a bit flat, but not plank like. It really reminded me of my US Masters a lot to be honest. Just really well put together and it all made sense where and how everything fit.

• Members

It felt good; of course that doesn't say a whole lot.
:)
It was unfinished which I like, it was a bit like between a 50 and 60 Gibson profile to me. I think that it was about a 12" radius so it's a bit flat, but not plank like. It really reminded me of my US Masters a lot to be honest. Just really well put together and it all made sense where and how everything fit.

thanks

• Members

I very much love that these threads go one of two ways: OP likes a Carvin, Carvin guys all pat the OP on the back, all the people with nothing but praise for them come out of the woodwork and we all jerk each other off in sweet neck-thru glory.

Or the OP is one of the "I DON'T GET IT WUT SO GEWD?!" and the next 4 pages are the Carvin haters having a {censored} fit.

Both sides are so fresh and tempting to troll. You guys really make it hard for me not to :lol:

In all seriousness, congrats. I love mine. I have been on the fence about selling it, almost did, but then I'll have a night where everything just clicks and I love it again. I think it's the pickups. Gotta be the pickups. Just can't get them to really "pop" despite lots of tinkering. They're great for that smooth jazzy tone, but trying to get any real spit or grit out of them is hard. Or maybe I'm retarded. That's a good possibility as well. But I'm going to blame the pickups until I've run the gauntlet of trying to coax the tone from it. Wish it had 2 volumes...

Just know that they retain their value like a gallon of milk, so it better be a good price and you better LOVE it before you drop the cash.

Archived