Best vibrato bridge?

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

Bigsby is obviously the most technologically advanced design out there with the best tone. As far as actual bridges go, I'd recommend Compton or Tru-Arc.

What string would you suggest to use with the Bigsby? I'm thinking medium flatwounds myself.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For strats, if you want to keep that strat "look", a Super-Vee bladerunner, hands down. Add a well cut nut and some locking tuners, easily puts you into floyd rose stability.

For Super Strats, OFR or Gotoh bridges.

Own a big fat hollowbody guitar that originally has a TOM on it? let Django bore you all day with his bigsby trolling. He thinks he has facts, but fails to deliver.

• Members

Own a big fat hollowbody guitar that originally has a TOM on it? let Django bore you all day with his bigsby trolling. He thinks he has facts, but fails to deliver.

I don't believe Django is trolling, but I don't blame you for thinking he was. The great minds throughout history were often misunderstood by their contemporaries.

Among Django's many mental assets are his attention to fine details and a superb memory. He recalled my thread about my newly acquired preference for vibrato that fluctuates above and below the base pitch. I mentioned that a vibrato bridge would be desirable for this reason, but a drawback is its unability to accommodate alternate tunings.

Due to most of my experience with vibrato bridges coming from Fender and Floyd Rose style vibratos, I unadvertently and uncorrectly assumed that was true of all vibrato bridges. Django, offering his sage advice, suggested a Bigsby vibrato, knowing it would fulfill my needs for both a superior vibrato and ability to handle alternate tunings.

Not to mention aesthetically the Bigsby is the obviously best option.

• Members
I don't believe Django is trolling, but I don't blame you for thinking he was. The great minds throughout history were often misunderstood by their contemporaries.

Among Django's many mental assets are his attention to fine details and a superb memory. He recalled my thread about my newly acquired preference for vibrato that fluctuates above and below the base pitch. I mentioned that a vibrato bridge would be desirable for this reason, but a drawback is its unability to accommodate alternate tunings.

Due to most of my experience with vibrato bridges coming from Fender and Floyd Rose style vibratos, I unadvertently and uncorrectly assumed that was true of all vibrato bridges. Django, offering his sage advice, suggested a Bigsby vibrato, knowing it would fulfill my needs for both a superior vibrato and ability to handle alternate tunings.

Not to mention aesthetically the Bigsby is the obviously best option.

sir.jpg

• Members

I'll vote floyds as the worst trems tone wise cause they add treble zingyness to the sound. My two fave trems for full floating tuning stability and neutral sound coloring would be the floyd Lic trems used on import Jackson & BC Rich guitars.

• Members

I'll vote floyds as the worst trems tone wise cause they add treble zingyness to the sound. My two fave trems for full floating tuning stability and neutral sound coloring would be the floyd Lic trems used on import Jackson & BC Rich guitars.

Just got a Floyd... Not so sure about the high end since I've had the guitar for all of 24 hours, but so far so good. Takes a beating, sounds good.

• Members

try installing a big brass block from prorockgear.com, takes care of that treble issue, adds a lot more sustain too. I put them on all my OFR equipped guitars.

• Members

For locking nut trems, the Ibanez ZR zero return is fantastic ...uses ball bearings I think and has the smoothest feel, I'd put 'em on every guit I own if I knew how ...too bad they only seem to come on ibanez S types

Archived