Fender Releasing a MIM Cabronita

Lex.Luthier

• Members

I bought the earlier USA version. It was a pricey guitar, but still a lot cheaper than the Custom Shop Cabronita. Mine is part of the Fender 60th Anniversary "Telebration" series.

US11292394-front-l.jpg

US11292394-body-l.jpg

US11292394-detail2-l.jpg

US11292394-detail7-l.jpg

But that was an $1800 guitar (needless to say I bargained that down) but it messes with my mind :freak: that now I could get a MIM version for almost 1/3 the cost. And since the MIMs still use TV Jones p'ups, I imagine their tone will get you most of the way there. I thought I was buying the less expensive version and the value would be bolstered by the higher end versions, but now that "sought after/association" thing is spun the other way.

But heck, I'd be looking for the scratch to grab the MIM version if I hadn't already done this one. There's no tone knob, so you've got to be able to find the EQ controls on your amp. ;)

• Members

And since the MIMs still use TV Jones p'ups, I imagine their tone will get you most of the way there.

No, they use "Fidelitrons", which according to a Fender rep in the UK are the same Filtertrons that come in Gretsch Electomatics.

Archived