Need help deciding between the THR10 and THR5 (new owners or ABers please chip in)

Jkater

• Members

Main thing at this point is whether one sounds as good as the other through the speakers which are supposed to be the same size. Also is there a difference in watts between the two? Does ten means ten watts and five 5watts?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Go for the 10. The bass, acoustic and flat channels will come in handy with all of the instruments in your house.

Good point!

That's the one I was leaning to but the really small size of the 5 was something i liked. I'm going for the 10. :thu:

The more i think of it, the "flat" preset is particularily interesting for me for recording purposes (keyboard which I play rarely and badly and drums which I am presently crazy about learning and playing).

• Members

Go for the 10. The bass, acoustic and flat channels will come in handy with all of the instruments in your house.

I have the same dilemma and was wondering if the extra amp models sounded good enough for me to justify getting them for my other instruments...apparently they're also quite nice!

• Members

Stupid question: Can one hook this up to a computer and use it as an amp/speaker for MIDI/VST instruments?

I appears on the hardware bus as an audio device, so it can be used as a PC/Mac sound system. I tried it in Linux, but it was not recognized ...

• Members

Can I ask where you got it from? I am thinking of ordering one myself.

And if I can ask again, can one use this to: Record vocals into a DAW, and monitor MIDI or a VST?

Do you live in the US?

I understand that this can be used as an audio interface and so is meant to record into a DAW. Whether it would sound good for vocals, maybe the "flat" preset but i don't know.

Archived