Show off your Washburn, Stephens Extended Cutaways

Crunchtime

• Members

I only own the Washburn N4's at this point. Sold the others. The green one was an NX3 that I bought from a forum member and converted to the natural finish.

Still own:

washburn003-vi.jpg

washburn002-vi.jpg

001-vi.jpg

No longer own:

n61a-vi.jpg

n61b-vi.jpg

Before:

nextar-vi.jpg

After:

n31-vi.jpg

n32-vi.jpg

• Members

Here is my strange duck Washburn. Only extended cutaway I have ever seen that is set neck, and not an EC29, EC36.

Neat guitar! I checked out that thread when you first posted it. Having seen and played a lot of SEC guitars, I wouldn't call that a Stephen's Extended Cutaway though. It's true that it has a sort-of extended cutaway thing going, but definitely not a Stephen's design or part of the Washburn SEC series.

• Members

I love showing off my N4 partscaster reclaimation project. Scored it on e-Bay for a decent price and replaced or repaired a ton of stuff on it. It's pretty damn close to being considered my number one because I just dig the crap out of it. :thu:

9.jpg

• Members

Neat guitar! I checked out that thread when you first posted it. Having seen and played a lot of SEC guitars, I wouldn't call that a Stephen's Extended Cutaway though. It's true that it has a sort-of extended cutaway thing going, but definitely not a Stephen's design or part of the Washburn SEC series.

Trust me, the correction is apreciated. I'm here to learn.

• Members

Trust me, the correction is apreciated. I'm here to learn.

Cheers, yes... sorry reading back on my post I realize it sounded like I was trying to be a prick; sorry about that, really didn't intend for it to sound that way.

You're guitar is a beauty, and I'd love to learn where exactly it came from!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Here are my Atlantic EC-26 and LS103 prototype.

The Atlantis now has a Floyd and the LS is a refinish from what I can tell.

wash3.jpg

HPIM1053.jpg

These guitars even have a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fans-of-the-Stephens-Extended-Cutaway/177407678973676

For extended access, I like the Yamaha Pacifica's All Access neck joint better myself.

yp1221-2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Members

I only own the Washburn N4's at this point. Sold the others. The green one was an NX3 that I bought from a forum member and converted to the natural finish.

Still own:

washburn003-vi.jpg
washburn002-vi.jpg
001-vi.jpg

No longer own:

n61a-vi.jpg
n61b-vi.jpg

Before:

nextar-vi.jpg

After:

n31-vi.jpg
n32-vi.jpg

That NX3 was mine. That was a nice guitar. I like the refinish. Glad to see it again.

Do you still have that strat, too?

Archived