NGD! Cheaqp Jazzmaster Content

richey888

• Members

It's been a while y'all, how's it hangin'? After Phil's review of the J Mascis Squier JM and being unable to lay hands on one (without ordering sight unseen), dropped by the local Sam Ash, spied this 'lil gem and couldn't resist (sorry crummy pic):

jazzy1.jpg

After some 11's and a tweak here and there, I gotta say I'm impressed! I had the 1st run VMJM, traded it for something, thinking I would grab a J. Mascis. The sunburst caught my eye, played it through lots of different amps in the store, then the clerk comes at me with 10% off the sticker, I couldn't resist. Thinking about taking the gloss way down, but it sounds, and plays great!! Clips this weekend. $269. WOW!

• Members

Nice! how much did they give you on trade in value for your VMJM? I was thinking of doing the same thing, then MF had $50 off both the jag and jm so I snagged one of each :) How would you rate the original vmjm (no trem) against the newer vmjm?

• Members

Nice! how much did they give you on trade in value for your VMJM? I was thinking of doing the same thing, then MF had $50 off both the jag and jm so I snagged one of each
:)
How would you rate the original vmjm (no trem) against the newer vmjm?

I traded the no-trem VMJM in a different deal, had been w/o JM mojo for a while (I got $175 I think). I did really like the neck on that one (all maple), but you know how it is, I was in need of a strat and there was this killer Fernandes available. Bought this 'un straight up. Kept poking myself on the bridge of the older one, but otherwise liked the 1st edition and was missing it. Am very surprised with the rhythm circuit on the new model, glad it's there and will be using it a lot I think. The DD pickups sound pretty dang good to my ears and the trem is nice. Very subtle.

• Members

Is the neck as chunky as the 1st edition? I love how full the neck feels on my 1st edition. I've been trying to trade off my j&d junglemaster jm copy lately but the neck is so nice on it I keep hesitating and hoping my auction posts fall through. I think I'd miss it, even if it is a shrimpy impersonation of a jazzmaster, it still plays and sounds great! Glad to hear you like the new edition.

• Members

Is the neck as chunky as the 1st edition? I love how full the neck feels on my 1st edition. I've been trying to trade off my j&d junglemaster jm copy lately but the neck is so nice on it I keep hesitating and hoping my auction posts fall through. I think I'd miss it, even if it is a shrimpy impersonation of a jazzmaster, it still plays and sounds great! Glad to hear you like the new edition.

It's beefy enough, a comfy modern C I would say. Feels heftier that my Classic Vibe Tele. I had teh all-maple 1st edition and liked that neck too.

• Members

How did you get the $50 off for the Squier JM? The $50 Instant Rebate thing is still going on, but I thought it was for Fender not Squier.

Nice! how much did they give you on trade in value for your VMJM? I was thinking of doing the same thing, then MF had $50 off both the jag and jm so I snagged one of each
How would you rate the original vmjm (no trem) against the newer vmjm?

• Members

How did you get the $50 off for the Squier JM? The $50 Instant Rebate thing is still going on, but I thought it was for Fender not Squier.

samash and mf will normally give you $50 off, samash has the "hot august deal" going on now which is $50 off orders 299 and over.

So, you can get 50 off and no rebate, or you can get the rebate ($25 off), and then get $30 off for orders 199 and over.

245 or 250 is what you can generally get them for.

looks good richey

• Members

Hurray for samash and their instock sunburst models! Cancelled with mf and now samash just shipped them out. I'll be offsetting in 5-6. Oh and I still got my $100 off

I hope yours are matched better than mine.

I got a 3ts Jag from samash that I had to return because the top was 5 pieces....

The Oly White replacement was great though, more like a bright white, but great nonetheless.

I'd like to pick up another Jag or Jazzmaster before their August sale ends, but I can't swing it right now..

• Members

They had an Oly white JM too, but the 'burst knocked me out. Appears to be 3pc. Has some knots in it, but I think it looks awesome. Played for hours last night, couldn't put 'er down. Pesky, will do. I want to do some serious research on the de-glossing before I touch it. My bandmates are saying leave it alone. It's so doggone glossy! Like a coat of glass.....

• Members

Not sure how you get $50 with Musician's Friend. Squier is on their exclusion list and it would only be $30 off of $199 and up and they don't have the instant rebate.

Not a fan of Sam Ash since they charge me sales tax.

samash and mf will normally give you $50 off, samash has the "hot august deal" going on now which is $50 off orders 299 and over.

So, you can get 50 off and no rebate, or you can get the rebate ($25 off), and then get $30 off for orders 199 and over.

245 or 250 is what you can generally get them for.

looks good richey

• Members

Not sure how you get $50 with Musician's Friend. Squier is on their exclusion list and it would only be $30 off of $199 and up and they don't have the instant rebate.

Not a fan of Sam Ash since they charge me sales tax.

at the time they had a $50 off 299 or more. Sorry if i wasn't clear, but on any of the major name brands you have to call, they won't do the discount online. But 9/10, if you ask for about 15% off, they will give it to you, which is almost $50 off.

Send them the link to the instant rebate, they should give it to you, samash and 8th street music did for me too.

The very first thing listed under squier/$25 is the "vintage modified series".

http://www.fender.com/promos/2012/sonicboom

Most places offer the $50 off 299 or more all the time, if you get the rebate though, it brings it down to 275, so the next amount you can get off in their tiered discounts is $30 off. Bringing it down to $245.

Archived