So what is the deal with people's hate of the Custom Custom?

grunge782

• Members

I've had a couple and really liked them in Schecter Solo 6 custom/mahogany guitar but not so much in an alder strat. In my strat, the bottom end lacked definition but in my Schecter, it was very good. It covered a lot of ground in my Schecter, I ended up replacing the one in my strat with a tone zone and it is more suited for that type of (alder) guitar for me.

I really don't know why anyone could dislike it in a mahogany/les paul guitar, it can pretty much do it all. Clean, classic, chugga chugga, you name it.

• Members

grunge how do you like ou wi166 over all I had the wi164 for years and had to pawn it a while I couldnt even affod to get it out of pawn once things get better im thinking of the wi166 pro?

I like the WI66 Pro silverburst I got very much. The only thing I don't like is the neck is still just a tad too thick for my tastes, but for most people I think they would be happy with it.

Soundwise it reminds me of an LTD EC-1000 or a high-end Schecter, I'm willing to bet it was made by the same factory. Overall it is a very solid guitar for what I paid, I'd say its a great guitar for something in the $250-$350 range used. My main concern was that the guitar would sound thin, and it does not. It sounds very good through my Miniplex, nice and chunky sounding.

Archived