Doctor Morbius plays Give Me Back My Man by The B-52's. OH THE HUMANITY!!

Doctor Morbius

• Members

Here's a sample of my playing. Better run for the hills! :eek:

It's my take on Give Me Back My Man by The B-52's. The last third of the song I couldn't really tell what Ricky Wilson was doing as Kate's keyboards were drowning him out, so I just made some {censored} up. Oh, and I was late on the intro. :facepalm: I may re-record it in a few days, but I'm kind of tired and just not feeling it right now.

Anyway, hope you like it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1236717&songID=11905515

I recorded it with a Zoom H2 digital recorder. For some reason the song came through sounding boxy, but I'm not sure why. I converted the MP3 to mono via Audacity2 and played it through the left channel of my Onkyo Receiver through a Polk RT55i.

Oh the huge manatee? :rolleyes:

• Members
What axe Doc?? Amp?

It's an '08 American Standard Strat with flatwound strings and CS Fat '50s, mostly bridge with a little bit of neck pickup dialed in for some fullness. The amp is a late '70s Bandmaster Reverb with a pair of 12" Weber Michigans in the closed back cab. No effects other than a taste of the built-in reverb.

• Members

Thanks a bunch guys. I really do appreciate it.

Be sure to check out my other exciting recording...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2950467-Doctor-Morbius-IS-A-Man-From-Nowhere!-With-accompanyment-by-Jet-Harris.

For some reason it seems to be better blended, even though the same recorder was used. :idk:

• Members

Thanks guys! :wave:

Flats on a Strat are not as bright and have a more percussive "thwack" to them. Also they have zero string noise, which I really like, and they last practically forever. The set of strings on the guitar used in this recording have been on for about a year now. No grime, corrosion or anything like with rounds.

Archived