2013 whats in it for you?

realtree71

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just got a James Trussart Steelcaster Deluxe.
I've wanted this for a long time.
The Steelcaster Deluxe is everything I expected and wanted to be.
I think I'm going to slow it down in the gear dept in 2013.
2012 was a soul searching year.
It'll be less stuff in the coming years.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by theManfromAlabam View Post
I might actually be in a band again, no late night gigs for money, just for shits and grins/fun.

God willing I will be 50 in 2013, so I'm thinking a Ultra Classic Electra Glide Harley and a new Yamaha Grizzly 700.
Nice,thats another good thing about 2013,my Harley will be paid off in March and my house by the end of the yearTotally_jammin_out.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by billythegoat View Post
Small giggable combo of some sort to lighten the load. I have been playing at a few retirement homes as of late and I have to make 2-3 trips to get all my gear in. I did have a Peavey Delta Blues that I got rid of just before all of this started but I feel it still would of been a bit large.

I would like to get involved with a band one way or another and start making money with music again. I am feeling a bit of a pull to get back on the bass. There is a savant-esque drummer in my town, I wouldn't mind setting up a bass and drum jam with him sometime. Plus he has loads of connections with lots of other great players around here.
What part of Ontario are you from? If you're close to Kitchener/Waterloo, perhaps I could get you to meet a few acquaintances.

Quote Originally Posted by Willyguitar View Post
Faffing around with a telecaster; maybe servicing my amp.
+1 for that. I have a Traynor from the late 60's that needs to be overhauled. Been sitting in a forgotten corner too long.

• Members

A few things:

- Pulling back on work mainly because my wife is finishing up maternity leave in the spring and she makes more $$$ than I do. So I'll be full-time Mr. Mom, part time working.

- Hopefully getting my kids' book published next year. Just waiting on the cover art and she'll be good to go.

- The Honda is slowly dying so I'm looking for a replacement. Based on what I've seen/read so far, I suspect a Subaru Outback is in my future.

- The band wants to start playing gigs so I'll need to call around, get in touch with my old booking agent and see if he's still in the game. Of course, plenty of rehearsals between now and then.

- Gear-wise, I'm pretty much saved up for a Fender Precision bass and a Line 6 M13 pedalboard. After that, I think that's it although there's a 1970's-era Ampeg Portaflex that's calling to me seductively at a local guitar shop. Currently telling the wife, "Talk me out of it!" She's not doing a very good job; she plays bass too and she just about walked home with a Portaflex she used in a session one time.

- A couple of trips planned in 2013: one scheduled trip with friends down to San Francisco and I suspect I'll be flying to Vancouver at short notice to attend my dad's funeral. Needless to say, I don't know when the second one's happening but I suspect it will be before the spring.

• Members

For 2013, maybe if I'm real lucky, I will be able to swing a Furean Agilean Hadean SeXean 11-string tenor geetar -- and that's only after I increase the margin of my "expendables" budget by somehow cutting down to just 2 quarts of Glenlivet every fortnight.

custom172373septor5.jpg

• Members

I have all the gear I could possibly need. I plan to practice an hour a day, minimum, and have been doing so for the past month. I'm working on my singing too, which really, supersedes my playing.

Good thoughts right there. Just gonna add a "me too".

• Members

A big year.

Start of house renovations, possibly a new (used) car depending on the diagnosis of mine.

Gear-wise, my Jackson Custom Shop is due April time, I have my eye on another used KV2 depending what works out. I also need a Tremolo pedal for my rig and considering my options on some more drum hardware. I have a pair of Meinl MB20 crashes, a Ghost Ride and an extra dry china. My hi-hat is cheap n nasty and I could use some better stands all round, so that may get some investment. I'm happy with my snare and double kicks for now.

• Members

NEW WAMPLER FAUX TAPE ECHO TAP TEMPO DELAY PEDAL

NEW Carl Martin PlexiTone Single Channel Overdrive Pedal

LED ZEPPELIN CELEBRATION DAY DELUXE EDITION 2CD 1 BLU-RAY DVD 1 DVD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Black-Sabbath-US-TOUR-1978-Graphic-T-Shirt-Never-Say-Die-Album-Tour-/140874443172?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&var=440085614416&hash=item20ccc569a4

possible a Rainbow long live rock n roll t- shirt and UFO MECHANIX t- shirt

and I get to jam on my sons new guitar. Merry Christmas

Archived