scolfax

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've just updated the site:

- Auto-generated URL for forum posts

- A few new tab symbols

- Button to post a lick to Facebook (it works, but the Facebook page just wants to sit there after posting, need to figure this out!)

• Members

Hey, used this in another thread!

CwEAAA.jpg

I'm liking it a lot!

One feature I thought about while actually using it for real; be able to add a title to the tab, like "C Major / A Nat Minor" and have it show up in the jpeg, maybe above the tinylick.com url or something.

• Members

Hey, used this in another thread!

I'm liking it a lot!

One feature I thought about while actually using it for real; be able to add a title to the tab, like "C Major / A Nat Minor" and have it show up in the jpeg, maybe above the tinylick.com url or something.

That's a good one. I really do want to just add a generic title that you can do whatever you want with, but I'm need to steer clear of this kind of trouble:

http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2006/08/7498.ars

If a user added the title "Viva La Vida", and then entered some Coldplay stuff, would I be liable for something?

In light of that article, how does Ultimate-Guitar.com get away with it?

But I will work on adding a dropdown or something to let you add the key. Hopefully that will be up soon. I'm going to work on reducing the clicking first.

• Members

Can you give me more details? I've tested it with the latest version, 2.0.172.33 and it seems to work fine.

Version 2.0.172.33.

It does work fine now.

Yesterday morning I when I pressed "Create this Lick" it just cleared the tab and didn't show a link.

By the way did I forget to mention? I dig it.

Well done.

• Members

Rock Lobster started a great lesson/exercise thread using this:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2379564

Cool! Maybe this will give us something to do when we are all finally content with our gear. Oh yeah, when's the next shipment of Xaviere's coming in? ;)

Check this out - My site ended up on little post in a dark corner of GuitarWorld!

http://news.guitarworld.com/story/news_cool_site_tinylick_com/

2 votes so far, and one of them was me!

• Members

Check this out - My site ended up on little post in a dark corner of GuitarWorld!

2 votes so far, and one of them was me!

I voted for ya!

I wanted to say; when I was entering in the licks for lobby's thread, I found myself straddling the 12'th fret - and it was sort of cumbersome switching ranges. If you do go with a popup, I was thinking of a small box with four rows, frets 1-6 on top, 7-12, 13-18 and 19-24. As long as it was fairly small, it would be a click on the string, then a click on the fret - pretty snappy.

I was also wondering about either uploading a small mp3 file (could be troublesome if someone uploaded inappropriate content), or some sort of auto-generated midi file? Maybe that's overkill - but maybe not?

I think this is an awesome tool. It's great to see it getting some traction.

• Members

I wanted to say; when I was entering in the licks for lobby's thread, I found myself straddling the 12'th fret - and it was sort of cumbersome switching ranges. If you do go with a popup, I was thinking of a small box with four rows, frets 1-6 on top, 7-12, 13-18 and 19-24. As long as it was fairly small, it would be a click on the string, then a click on the fret - pretty snappy.

Yes! We're thinking along the same lines. I might just put the buttons below the tab. A popup with that many buttons might be huge and slow to come up on some machines. Anyway, still 2 clicks per note.

Check this out! Thanks to you guys I'm on the top of the news for the week, and currently top for the month!

• Members

Yes! We're thinking along the same lines. I might just put the buttons below the tab. A popup with that many buttons might be huge and slow to come up on some machines. Anyway, still 2 clicks per note.

I was thinking you could do it with a small img (and img map) inside a div, show it and hide it as needed (and adjust the top and left coord before making it visible) by toggling the 'display' attribute of the div (block and none). That way you wouldn't be using form controls (too big and clunky). Would it actually work... I don't know, maybe.

• Members

I was thinking you could do it with a small img (and img map) inside a div, show it and hide it as needed (and adjust the top and left coord before making it visible) by toggling the 'display' attribute of the div (block and none). That way you wouldn't be using form controls (too big and clunky). Would it actually work... I don't know, maybe.

I hear ya. It's not just the technical bits, it's having a good popup too. If the popup is too small, then the 35+ buttons will be very small too. If I make the popup big enough to hold buttons of a size big enough that people will make fewer mistakes, then the popup will be almost as big as the tab.

I'm probably going to add a few rows of pretty buttons under the tab. Click on "12", then click where you want it. If you keep clicking, you keep getting 12's until you select something else.

• Members

I'm probably going to add a few rows of pretty buttons under the tab. Click on "12", then click where you want it. If you keep clicking, you keep getting 12's until you select something else.

Yeah, that would work great man - excellent!

• Members

OK, the "Advanced" editor is up on TinyLick. Just click on the Advanced button and creating licks will be a lot simpler now!

i'm on my nokia 810 at the airport right now.

it works except the whole page is black. i'm sure its an issue w/the browser.

can't wait to try it when i get home.

• Members

i'm on my nokia 810 at the airport right now.

it works except the whole page is black. i'm sure its an issue w/the browser.

can't wait to try it when i get home.

Hmm. Did it work with the Nokia before yesterday's update?

Archived