Les Paul 70s Tribute Makeover

blind radish

• Members

Ok

So I got in on the ground floor of the buying frenzy over the tributes and got a nice Vintage Sunburst.

I bought it, even though I could not abide with the cream pickup rings and pickguard. I figured if the feel and sound were to my liking ... which they are ... I'd make a few cosmetic changes.

and so ...

lpt_mod.jpg

• Members

Yeah, I like that a lot better. Classier.

Sometimes with the vintage bursts, the center area looks too much like a perfect tear drop (as yours did). With the PG added on it breaks up that look bringing it all together better. Plus indeed, the dark plastic bits look classier

thumb.gifthumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man View Post

Sometimes with the vintage bursts, the center area looks too much like a perfect tear drop (as your did). With the PG added on it breaks up that look bringing it all together better. Plus indeed, the dark plastic bits look classier

thumb.gifthumb.gif
agree!!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by twisty571 View Post
Those are the only 2 things I couldn't find readily available as factory parts so I got these...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Les-Paul-LP-...item1e74c6ff27

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Mini-Humbu...p2047675.l2557
Thanks! As for the other parts...the poker chip and knobs are easy enough...back in the day, it wouldn't have even occurred to me that a standard pickguard wouldn't fit icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

Thanks! As for the other parts...the poker chip and knobs are easy enough...back in the day, it wouldn't have even occurred to me that a standard pickguard wouldn't fit icon_lol.gif

The guy carries a 3 ply pickguard for p-90's also but I chose the solid color & icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man View Post

Sometimes with the vintage bursts, the center area looks too much like a perfect tear drop (as yours did). With the PG added on it breaks up that look bringing it all together better. Plus indeed, the dark plastic bits look classier

thumb.gifthumb.gif
Agree with all of this. Looks classy.

Archived