My Mittens band had an impromptu video shoot today.

honeyiscool

• Members

She's seriously a star in my eyes. She's such a natural. She doesn't have any formal training or anything and even barre chords are a bit tough for her but she'll just sit down and be like, "Look, here's a song!" and it'll have two verses, a chorus, a bridge, and a spot for instrumentals. Or it'll be like this song (she wrote this one, too) and have some weird tempo change or whatever. And whatever she does, it always make sense, sounds good, and has good taste. Plus, she has loads of charisma and has rapidly improved on guitar. I think she's had an electric guitar for like all of two years or something. She has stuff that you can't teach people and I know a lot of guys and gals out there that wish they could learn to do what she can do naturally. I mean, Lia's talented, too, but she's classically trained on cello and I'm trained on piano and all that. I can't explain Ramona at all. Plus she's easy to work with and thinks everything I do is great. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by T is for Tele View Post
One note...cute chicks should never wear their wedding rings while they play. It ruins the illusion.
She's also a mom, you know, and a lawyer. Ha. She's hardly a Barbie with a guitar.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool View Post
We were already recording music that day so I taped an iPhone to a stand and hit record. I know you love picking on me but please let it go.
I disagree with you often but I wouldn't call it picking on you.
I wonder what you would think of me if I was as unabashedly opinionated as you tend to be?

Merry Christmas!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool View Post
She's seriously a star in my eyes. She's such a natural. She doesn't have any formal training or anything and even barre chords are a bit tough for her but she'll just sit down and be like, "Look, here's a song!" and it'll have two verses, a chorus, a bridge, and a spot for instrumentals. Or it'll be like this song (she wrote this one, too) and have some weird tempo change or whatever. And whatever she does, it always make sense, sounds good, and has good taste. Plus, she has loads of charisma and has rapidly improved on guitar. I think she's had an electric guitar for like all of two years or something. She has stuff that you can't teach people and I know a lot of guys and gals out there that wish they could learn to do what she can do naturally. I mean, Lia's talented, too, but she's classically trained on cello and I'm trained on piano and all that. I can't explain Ramona at all.
Some naturally hear and feel music, and it sounds like she's one of them.

There's a lad round here who's been playing drums for a couple of years, but not very well. He decided to learn guitar and within 4 months he was writing and playing his own songs (limited, naturally) and does it all naturally. He's got a long way to go in terms of understanding what he's doing, but he has found his natural talent for making music. I'd guess she's like that too, although a lot prettier.

• Members

Nice. Tight. You guys have a good thing going. Drummer is gold.

My 2c.

None of you are 'power punchers' vocally. That's okay. The gal in the middle needs to be your front man, she's got it. The bass player and you back her vocally, do some three part harmonies to make up for lack of a belting front man. It can work.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Wayne2 View Post
Nice work! You guys are improving quickly.
This is the first time I've heard the band. I think there's potential but also plenty of room for improvement. The vocals need work as does the timing. I noticed the whole band seemed to tighten up when the guitarist took over the vocals. Perhaps, that's just a fluke or maybe it's a clue that the girl guitarist is better at leading the band. But, the band should really follow the drummer's pace.

Keep up the good work. thumb.gif

Archived