Post Nominations for the biggest Gear Endorsing Whores (artists) & the gear endorsed

GAS Man

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man View Post
Indeed, how could I have forgotten facepalm.gif

I remember coming damn close to buying a Wolfie with a flame top back in the earlier 90s, but I'm not even sure if that was at the end of the Ernie Ball period or beginning of the Peavey era.

Seems like he should have stuck with Music Man/Ernie Ball. The stability of that endorsement lends credence to the line when you see folks like Steve Lukather and Steve Morse sticking with them. It tends to say, "This IS a quality instrument and THIS is my ideal guitar". EVH's jumping around makes you think he was more interested in who would cut him the best deal and tickle his gonads the most. idn_smilie.gif
Especially when his Peavey was a blatant ripoff of his EBMM. Back in those days when he made the switch I heard part of it had to do with supply problems. Supposedly EBMM couldn't keep up with the demand of the EVH model. I don't know how true that is though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba View Post
Here are some of the worst endorsement hoppers-

Leslie West (Gibson, Electra, Kramer, Jaros, Ed Roman, Epiphone, Dean, et al)
Yeah, I was surprised to see Leslie coupled up with Dean. It just seemed like such a polar opposite from his iconic identification with the LP Jr.
as an aside: The poor dude has recently lost a leg from what I understand. frown.gif
Edit: well googling says it's already been a year and a half ago, and it was just half a leg, but still - bummer

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
Can we pick more than one?

I'm not busting your balls, GAS man, but I'm voting Zakk Wylde! Great gear and a great guitarist, but it seems like he keeps losing relevance and still has his name on everything.
TOTALLY agree! I'm sick of seeing his metal-caricature appearance on ever guitar mag and every advertisement inside of it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DaleH View Post
Slash_zpsc2c7a3ab.jpg
whore!!!

actually, Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee both come to mind as well...i don't see their names on an overabundance of gear, but if you open up any random North American guitar mag, I guarantee there's an ad in there containing one of their faces...'

edit: same goes for Scott Ian, mentioned earlier

• Members

Bonamassa by a mile. You can buy more signature JB stuff than you can Disney toys.....Sadly, I've scoured the shops for a Bonamassa Cookery Book for Xmas but cannot find one. I've emailed his agent, so we should be fine for Easter.

there are now at least 6 JB Signature Guitars, of which only one is less than

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NoplanB View Post
Bonamassa by a mile. You can buy more signature JB stuff than you can Disney toys.....Sadly, I've scoured the shops for a Bonamassa Cookery Book for Xmas but cannot find one. I've emailed his agent, so we should be fine for Easter.

there are now at least 6 JB Signature Guitars, of which only one is less than

• Members

How about the Dave Mustaine used strings? Signed boarding pass? Broken lighting can?

Roadie: "I'm gonna throw the trash from my lunch away"
Dave: "waitaminnut! You gonna trash that styrofoam container?"
Raodie: "No.. You're right. I should recycle it"
Dave: "Recycle? No dumbass, I'll sign it and we can put it on ebay!"

lol.

Just noticed the "Autographed pants, worn by Dave Mustaine".

Clearly the winner. What other person named in this thread sold his own signature pants?

Archived