What did Santa bring you?

matt rhoades

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool View Post
I bought myself all the presents I got this year (mostly featuring Vox grill cloth).

THAT SAID, more importantly, this December, I realized I like my job, I like my roommate, I have a wonderful girlfriend, and I have a band that I'm really proud of and excited about doing more with. That's all I need, I think.
Best Christmas post ever. Unless you are buffaloing all of us, you are a model human being. Seriously.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by BydoEmpire View Post
A couple CDs (bought for myself): Jimi's "Valleys of Neptune" and a killer live Lucinda Williams "Too Cool To Be Forgotten" which was taped from a live radio set just before Car Wheels was released. Jim Lauderdale is sitting in on guitar with them.

I got a $50 Guitar Center gift card, too, which I used to pick up a set of Cobalts (been wanting to try them) and a used MXR Custom '78 Badass distortion pedal. I'm more of an OD guy, but I did want one harder-edged distortion pedal on my board and that one sounded good to me, so it was hard to pass up for $40. I only got to play around for 30-40 minutes, but it sounds great.

Used a $25 Amazon card to get some extra 2.1mm cables for my Pedal Power and a used copy of Zappa's "Sheik Yerbouti."
Live Lucinda is awesome!

• Members

Not Santa, but my boys Jake & Eric (aged 10 and 21 respectively) gave me the Blu Ray-DVD-2CD version of the Led Zep 'Celebration Day' concert, and it is frickin' tremendous For my money, the best concert disk this side of 'Pulse' and it may surpass it because of the rarity of the event. The sound quality of Blu Ray is top notch, Plant is in excellent voice, and Pagey plays very well (though his "guitar face" has gotten disturbingly amphibian).

The only real complaint I have is about the video editing: it's too frenetic, overzealously bouncing from one camera (and sometimes one video effect) to the next way too fast for my taste. But the quality of the music far outshines that little annoyance.

I also got a couple of assorted tab books from my mom, though not exactly the ones I asked for. wink.gif

• Members

These past few months I have bought myself a ton of guitar gear which I do not {censored}in need.

I did get my mother home from the hospital on Christmas Eve, I couldn't ask for anything more than that...She drives me crazy but I can't imagine living in this world without her, God help me when he calls her home.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by theManfromAlabam

View Post

I did get my mother home from the hospital on Christmas Eve, I couldn't ask for anything more than that...She drives me crazy but I can't imagine living in this world without her, God help me when he calls her home.

That's a pretty good present.

• Members

I got an iPad.

I'm waiting for my year-end #s, but assuming they come out as I hope I'll be heading to some shops in early Jan to find an uber-acoustic. Collings, Santa Cruz, high-end Martin, something like that. Probably an OM but I'm gonna let my ears decide.

• Members

I got an iPad.

I'm waiting for my year-end #s, but assuming they come out as I hope I'll be heading to some shops in early Jan to find an uber-acoustic. Collings, Santa Cruz, high-end Martin, something like that. Probably an OM but I'm gonna let my ears decide.

Archived