Gibson announces new SG Deluxe

w00dsy

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer

View Post

"Why, Why Why" did they ruin such a beautiful guitar with that ugly "Leg brace, nite brace" looking hunk of useless metal bolted onto it...............

8009897416_bdfd834d98_o.jpg

Seriously? I love Bigsbys. Nothing else gives you that sweet wobble, but it takes some skill to work that stick while playing.

Not that I actually have the skills, but I'm working on it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e6ZVmP6XfOM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The inlays are pretty cool. "Red Fade" isn't bad. The other two colors are too bright for me [correction: Three. I see there's an "Orange Burst", as well]. I appreciate the experimentation, but why do they have to go whacky when they aren't doing the standard cherry, black, white, and burst? There's a happy medium that can be reached.

DV016_Jpg_Large_1350920017401_A.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer

View Post

"Why, Why Why" did they ruin such a beautiful guitar with that ugly "Leg brace, nite brace" looking hunk of useless metal bolted onto it...............

8009897416_bdfd834d98_o.jpg

Real men vibrato with their fretting hand thumb.gif

(but in fairness, I have a bigsby-equipped Gretsch)

• Members

Who is the person responsible for these new models? Firebird X, SG X (not the cool one from the 90s) the Robots, the Zakk Wylde SG/V abomination the backwards V etc.

Seems someone should be fired for these flops of late.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Who is the person responsible for these new models? Firebird X, SG X (not the cool one from the 90s) the Robots, the Zakk Wylde SG/V abomination the backwards V etc.

Seems someone should be fired for these flops of late.

Was the Firebird X a flop though? It certainly attracted a lot of attention to the technology and everyone was talking about it. By all reports, they sold what they needed to sell too. I reckon it was more subtle than people think.

Archived