Xaviere Players- Join the X-Men...membership dues are cheap...

axegrinder

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by elovercast

View Post

Here's mine

DSC02394.jpg

Just love this guitar.

That's a looker for sure! I bet a tailpiece and some strings would REALLY set it off!tongue.gifwink.gif

But seriously, I'm not an X-man yet, but soon enough I will own this lovely:

xvsehoglblgo.jpg

And if I don't love the stock Fat Pats it comes with, will install one of these in the bridge:

gomeal2ritov.jpg

(Memphis "Ric")

And maybe one of these in the neck:

dr180vihugop.jpg

(Dream 180)

I've tried a bunch of their pickups, and love 'em. Can't wait to see what kind of axe you get for the money.

• Members

I've got an XV-550. dont have any pics available at the moment. swapped it for an EH Deluxe Memory Man pedal that I bought at a pawn shop for 90 bucks. It is one of my favorite guitars. I gigged with it and a buddy brought his Les Paul Deluxe up for me to play, the Les Paul was buzzing and sounded {censored}ty, put my X back on, full volume, and no hands on the neck, it was absolutely DEAD silent. Great guitars, would have a whole fleet of them.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by elovercast

View Post

Here's mine

DSC02394.jpg

Just love this guitar.

Okay, an explanation is in order. cop.gif What's the story on the inlay? thumb.gif

As for the rest of you, I have updated the roster. Some of you (you know who you are) owe us pics. wave.gif

And for those of you planning to join up, please do, but you really ought to let us know what you think of your axe after you have it in hand...oh yeah and please supply pics. mad.gifwink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Silverburst LP

View Post

That's a looker for sure! I bet a tailpiece and some strings would REALLY set it off!tongue.gifwink.gif

But seriously, I'm not an X-man yet, but soon enough I will own this lovely:

xvsehoglblgo.jpg

And if I don't love the stock Fat Pats it comes with, will install one of these in the bridge:

gomeal2ritov.jpg

(Memphis "Ric")

And maybe one of these in the neck:

dr180vihugop.jpg

(Dream 180)

I've tried a bunch of their pickups, and love 'em. Can't wait to see what kind of axe you get for the money.

My first (of six eek.gif) Xavieres is a Korean-made XV900 that I put a mismatched Memphis bridge Liverpool neck set into. Tremendous guitar, goes to every gig.

• Members

after hours on the fretboard and setting up the inotation, voicing and restringing with cleartone 10's guitar.jpg

XV-585 Aged Natural ... inlay kit now in and once I wear down the cleartones going to put it on since im going back to D'Addario XL regular lights... bell knobs switched now for zebrawood bells from greasy groove because they have rub inserts for speed gripping and going to get strap locks for it asap for the satriani strap and going to measure to order a mahogany truss rod cover

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

X-Man%2BGuitarz.jpgg

Finally got a good pic of my Xaviere XV-870 Darkside Edition with Lil Killers pickups, and some Halloween Vinyl decals, ... and the rest of the "family".

I'm still working on the action - it's a bit uneven (high near the body, very low near the nut) and buzzes in some spots around the 7th thru 15th frets. Any suggestions? Will a shim help me?

Archived