Xaviere Players- Join the X-Men...membership dues are cheap...

axegrinder

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by CBDBRP

View Post

Axegrinder - If you will have me - I would be honored!

But of course, welcome aboard. thumb.gif It is customary that you provide pics in this thread. cop.gif

Quote Originally Posted by MrChitlins

View Post

Can I get in ? I don't actually own a Xaviere, but have paid $40 in shipping.

$40 in shipping? confused.gif For what? Oh what the hell it's the holidays, welcome to the clan. wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by brian KEEEEM

View Post

Yay! I can haz entry to the club?

DSC08908.jpg

Cool mods! You is IN! thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100

View Post

xavierxt90offsetashblonm.jpg

The first offset, killer. I am waiting for the arrival of the new "Surf-90" pickups then I'll see if I can resist ordering a JT60 with a pair.

Oh and of course you're IN! thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by symphonictank

View Post

Adding my newest addition (if for no other reason than to show it off and promote membership smile.gif ) :

Unfortunately that's all we have for now. smile.gif I have wanted to add a pickguard to my xv600, but the xv610 made that a certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by jimwratt

View Post

I'm in

Yes you are...a fretless XV700? That's gotta be a mod. Can you remind me/us with pics?

...AND it just occured to me that the last few pics will get lost with the change over to 2.0. facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ledvedder

View Post

Tell me about the XV-870. How does it compare to the other strat style fiddles out there?

I played a ton of strats before buying the XV870. All manner of Squiers, Standards and several of the higher-end MIM Deluxe Series.

I ended up wanting the Deluxe Players strat (it played the best to me and I was intested in noiseless pups for line-direct recording), but I wasn't interested in shelling out $600 for one.

The XV870 has the same fretboard radius as the deluxe players, but I think the neck is a bit chunkier. I love the neck, though I did end up taking some of the poly off the back of the neck to slick it up some, but I do this on all my guitars.

Out of the box:

Fretwork was better than what I was seeing the Fender Standards, though they did need to be polished up. The first thing I do with a new guitar is clean it and set it up the way I like it, so this was no issue.

Hardware is comparable to the Squiers. If I had bought a Squier, I would have eventually changed out the tuners. Same goes for the XV870. I have Wilkinson locking tuners on it now, and it was definitely an improvement.

The electronics is where the XV870 kicks ass. The pups sound as good as Fender Standards to me - great quack in noisless positions 2 & 4 due to RW middle pup, and just a little hotter than vintage.

Like I said, I wanted the Fender Player's strat (but I also wanted a project), so I ended up with:

Xaviere XV870

GFS Neovin Power Rock pups (pearloid pickguard and rear cover)

Wilkinson Vintage trem w/pop-in arm

Wilkinson locking tuners

Roller saddles

Roller string trees

GFS strap locks

I have about $450 into this with the case and upgrade parts. I'll never sell it, and everywhere I play it I get asked about it.

DSCF2902.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus

View Post

What do you think about the 620? I just bought the 610 with the Dream 180s and I'm really impressed. Thinking about adding the 620 in Monaco Yellow to my collection.

What are the pickups like on the 620?

The 620 is a real player! I just had to re-solder the pots. I was turning the volume up/down, and it actually became loose and the whole pot turned, so 2 wires became unsoldered. Jay (xaviere) was nice enough to tell me exactly where the wires went, to get me back in business. That is the only problem I have ever had with it, and I've had it for almost a year. It's probably my favorite of the Xaviere's. The pickups are not too hot either, great for country, blues and rock! Very versatile guitar!

I have money saved up for a 835, but wold like to order 2 guitars at once to save on shipping, any suggestions?

Archived