Hot or Not? May 21st

Jkater

• Members

01.jpg

ORIA2863\_4\_cl copy\_1.jpg

04.jpg

16.jpg

24.jpg

This is a custom Taku Sakashta 7 string, completed in 2009. The body is a 16" lower bout, top carved from Sitka spruce. The back and sides are quilted big leaf maple. Neck is a 40 yr old piece of Spanish Cedar. Fretboard, finger rest, tailpiece, bridge, headstock veneers, etc are all carved,from African Blackwood. The guitar has a Vermont made Kent Armstrong 14 pole PAF with a hidden series/split/parallel mini toggle under the finger rest. 

Sidenote from thread starter : This guitar belongs to fellow forumite MikeSF. I wrote to him to ask permission to feature one of his seven strings jazz guitars and he responded kindly, as he always does, sending pics and description. I am a huge admirer of Mike's work (music and photography). Big thanks!

• Members

ok, that's HOT...but I am biased.

I still remember posting my New Guitar Day Thread here in HCEG in 2009 and all the excitement which accompanied the arrival of this beauty:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/My-ULTIMATE-new-guitar-day-TONIGHT/m-p/23493628/highlight/true#M2931744

The links to the pictures are no longer working in that thread, but it's still a fun read.

Thanks EVERYONE for your comments and thanks Richard for featuring it today on "Hot or Not". :smileyvery-happy:

Archived