Strats Suck

Elias Graves

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like them. They him with lots of gain, but so do P90-equipped guitars, and we all know those sound great.

Personally, I find the complaints about the volume knob placement and the middle pickup to be confusing. Do some people strum from underneath the strings at an awkward backward angle so they hit the volume?

• Members

"I like them. They him with lots of gain, but so do P90-equipped guitars, and we all know those sound great.

Personally, I find the complaints about the volume knob placement and the middle pickup to be confusing. Do some people strum from underneath the strings at an awkward backward angle so they hit the volume?"

Some of us play with gusto and like to dig in!

• Members

I love Strats. A more comfortable, easy playing guitar has never been built. I used to think Leo Fender was a genius because the design of the Stratocast was so good and so far ahead of its time. Then I played the "new and improved designs" ... Jaguar and Jazzmaster and got to thinking the Strat may have been beginner's luck.

• Members

You have reminded me of Django, and now I miss him.

As for me and Strats, I grew up on them and I don't know much else besides Strats. I guess that's just how it is. I find my Tele puts up more of a fight, but with the increased effort required to play it, the pay-off is increased tenfold. That being said, I find that Ibanez RGs are my bread and butter most of the time.

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

There, I said it. It's true, I'm a heathen and an eny of the state. I hear the IRS knocking at the door.

Prove me wrong.

Spaghettineckstringstooclosetothetopmiddlepickupinthewayawfulbridgenoisymother{censored}ers.

I say.....

Strats are perfect.

And any guitar without at least some of the sexy curves and cutaways of the strat...... can be used as firewood.

• Members

Used to think so too until I built this:

My all MIA Fender partscaster- Body and electronics from an EJ Strat -Wildwood Guitars Special Run 3 color sunburst-, SUPER FAT Hot Rod '62 neck. Vintage, crystalline clean tone, but fat and throaty dirty on all pickup positions. 7lbs, which I find gets you the tone I described. Anything lighter or heavier and IMHO it loses that magical Strat tone you probably are not getting.

DSCF1335.JPG

DSCF1331.JPG

Or maybe you're just a Gibson guy. This sucker slays. Sounds just like ZZ Top.DSCF1334.JPG

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

There, I said it. It's true, I'm a heathen and an eny of the state. I hear the IRS knocking at the door.

Prove me wrong.

Spaghettineckstringstooclosetothetopmiddlepickupinthewayawfulbridgenoisymother{censored}ers.

Some people are Strat people, and some are not...The proper post however would be.."Strats suck as far as I am concerned" . For you are but one voice, and one opinion. That said...To each his own...I like the damn things personally.

Archived