Anyone intersted in the Squier Army?

Cooley

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Adee1970

View Post

Ive got one lined up, black ,white scratch plate, maple neck, ill post pics when i have it :-)

Oh man... YOU'RE the one that's gonna buy that black guitar with the white pickguard and maple neck?

love.gif

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I am now in too, after 18 years or so Squier-less I now have a '98 chinese made squier affinity strat (I assume it is anyway - CY98****** is the serial number?)- one bad ding but barely used. I have a question, what size of hole is it for the machineads as these need replacing? I will go for some gotoh ones if possible, the ones I can see on ebay have a 10mm insert, is this right? Otherwise I might get some wilkinsons again as I have them on three other guitars and they do their job fine

wave.gif

658eE.jpg

mZsgh.jpg

pzVYM.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cratz2

View Post

I guess I'll bump it for our newer Squier owners...

Here's a half MIJ Fender (body), half MIK Squier (neck) I built up for my brother in law. I used the lefty MIJ neck for my Hendrix Monterey Pop Festival strat and threw this together with left over pieces. I've owned about 8 or 9 1989 Korean Squiers and this is my last neck. The nicest I owned. Generic blade pickup in the bridge, Fender Vintage Noiseless in the neck, something generic in the middle, master volume. I just need to string it up as a lefty and tweak the intonation and it'll be done.

DSC_7325a1.jpg

you're missing a couple of knobs there...poke.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal

View Post

Why do these things always have to be armies, brigades or platoons?

What's wrong with brotherhoods, fraternities, or, well.... clubs?

confused.gif

hahaha...my guess would be that; *these guitars are considered somewhat inferior, so forming a 'brotherhood' would be kinda ghey promoting ridicule. whereas, if 'we' have an 'army', then u'd be less apt to mess w/ us.* mentality??

i'm just guessin here.

• Members

Sign me up. My 98 MIM Squier Strat is the best Strat I've ever owned after a few minor upgrades (nut and tremblock). So good it made me realize I'm a Strat guy at heart, even though I'm not ready to sell my set neck hummers quite yet. Sorry no pics, but I was so impressed with the quack tone I made this hokey impromptu video:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's what I've done to that car boot squier -

8OfZa.jpg

wilkinson tuners installed as I bought some gotohs but they didn't fit, I'd got the wrong diameter ones - also a wilkinson loaded tort guard.

seeing as I now had a spare set of gotohs, I set about finding another guitar to put them on - got this stagg strat copy in excellent condition for

Archived