Berumen Guitars - How do you like?

Visconti

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

kayd\_mon wrote:

Any semi hollow guitars from this guy? Or just LP-ish styles?

Issac chambers guitars and it is for tone and not weight reduction. I'm not sure if he makes a semi-hollow with a F hole.

Berumen CopperTop Taurus Jr in Verdigris Patina.

tauruscoppertop.jpg

Berumen CopperTop

copper9-e1339628214170.jpg

copper6.jpg

• Members

berumenburl1.jpg

This wood is interesting because it is remarkably similar to the granite we just put in our kitchen..

These seem to be well made guitars ,my favorite part is the simple bridge and my least favorite part is the bent headstock.  Since the question is "How do you like?'"  I'll say  Not very interesting. Which is a fair answer to the question.

• Members

is called

gardo wrote:

berumenburl1.jpg

This wood is interesting because it is remarkably similar to the granite we just put in our kitchen..

These seem to be well made guitars ,my favorite part is the simple bridge and my least favorite part is the bent headstock.  Since the question is "How do you like?'"  I'll say  Not very interesting. Which is a fair answer to the question.

That wood is called spalted maple. Lots of figure in it. The headstock is one of my favorite parts of this brand.

• Members

Yeah, these guitars do nothing for me.  They look like something that will be hanging on people walls most of the time.  Some of the finishes remind me of the table we have in the lounge.  The headstock does look like a flacid cock.  Poser body and impotent headstock.  Definitely not for me.

Also, the OP seems to be far too uptight regarding any criticism.

• Members

Copper sheet like that is very high maintenance.

The way copper oxidises is something I always thought would look cool on a guitar but it shows finger prints etc  way too much unless it's been treated in some way.

Where I work there is a door with a copper sheet covering the entire door. It's a full time job for the cleaner down there. It doesn't take long to look a total mess.

• Members

Engl Kramer wrote:

Copper sheet like that is very high maintenance.

The way copper oxidises is something I always thought would look cool on a guitar but it shows finger prints etc  way too much unless it's been treated in some way.

Where I work there is a door with a copper sheet covering the entire door. It's a full time job for the cleaner down there. It doesn't take long to look a total mess.

...I have to assume that he has a finish over the top of the copper, that it is not just bare copper.

• Members

Well if I'm not mistaken, unless your bridge is designed to expand the strings inversely to how they naturally contract in cold weather, as well as have the bridge contract inversely to how the strings expand in hot weather, I'm guessing extreme weather will knock expensive guitars out of tune just as well as cheap guitars.

They are probably built very well, and with much care, but zi doubt they defy physics.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

Well if I'm not mistaken, unless your bridge is designed to expand the strings inversely to how they naturally contract in cold weather, as well as have the bridge contract inversely to how the strings expand in hot weather, I'm guessing extreme weather will knock expensive guitars out of tune just as well as cheap guitars.

They are probably built very well, and with much care, but zi doubt they defy physics.

The bridge, Forget the bridge because on these guitars they are perfect. I'm talking about the wood and the construction.

Anyone that can't afford this guitar are not making enough coin.

How many people you know that drive a Porsche 911 Turbo play an Epi?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hi, Isaac!

Visconti, with his lame troll posts, deplorable attitude, and focused lack of respect for others, is an absolute poison to builders such as yourself. He is so annoying and snobby that anything he posts about will get negative feedback just because he put it up. I didn't click back through the thread, but what probably happened is he posted up some of your more outlandish and niche-targeted finish options, and whenever someone said they preferred a different look, he would call that person poor, and proceed to be an annoying troll.

So, welcome, and if you plan on staying, please know that Visconti is not your friend.

• Members

Thanks for the (re)welcome guys it'll be cool to checkout the forums again. Like I said, I was putting together a little portfolio/coffee table type book for my dad actually. Just various pics from dealers, customers, and FB that I was putting together on shutterfly, nothing too official just for fun. If I hadn't seen the link to the thread pop up in the search I wouldn't have known about it. I used to be on here all the time a couple years ago really into the amp section at the time, Bogners mostly. I was more into playing back then, now I spend my free time sanding...and the amps collect dust ....sad. Maybe I'll crank her up tonight for a bit.

Have a great New Years everybody.

Archived