This Fatback Guitars '63-S is sweet and a great value

Visconti

• Members

With a background in the antique furniture business and his love for guitars from a time long past, Dirk creates Fatback Guitars with licenced bodies and necks and premium USA made pickups. Hand polished bone nuts, rolled fingerboard edges, and top shelf electronics round out Fatback Guitars.

Dirk's Fatbacks are just the coolest. This one is heavliy worn Black over 3 Color Sunburst. The David Allen pickups are fantastic. They read 5.95k in the neck and middle, and 7.90k in the bridge.

Price $1,650

1 piece sugar pine body

3 ply mont pickguard

Nitrocellulose lacquer

Rosewood fingerboard

Rolled fingerboard edges

Bone nut

C shape neck

10" fingerboard radius

6105 frets

D Allen VooDooBlues SSS

Vintage .047 Capacitor

7 lbs. 3 oz.

Hard shell case included

FB1.jpg

FB3.jpg

FB2.jpg

FB4.jpg

FB5.jpg

FB6.jpg

• Members

billybilly wrote:

Buy a strat, give it to me to drag behind my pickup on a chain and I'll charge $500 for the service.  Awesome!

I could make a better guitar than that, IMO, for less than half of what this clown is charging.

You're whack dude. Fender would charge $4,000 for a guitar like this. This guitar looks like Ethan Allen furniture.

ea.jpg

• Members

Hmmm..... interesting take on making a relic....  Instead of attempting to make it look like natural wear, apply an overall distressed look like distressed furnature.....  I'm not sure I like it, but at least people will know the distressed look was done intentionally and you're not just playing some fifty year old, beat up guitar.

• Members

I think it is a pretty cool looking guitar.

No one with any brains will believe it is a authentic vintage guitar with road-worn wear of course.

Most likely this builder is not making these guitars in the attempt to fool anyone, just for those who like the look.  With that in mind it looks good.

Archived