Skynyrd is better than The Allman Brothers

DaveAronow

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just so you know, young bucky, as you make assumptions based on nothing, I do have a pre med biology degree. I never made less than an A in any math, or science class, including the two full semesters of calc one and two I completed in ten weeks of summer. That also includes two semesters of organic chem taught by one of the most respected, but toughests org chem professors in the United States who graduated Harvord with his phd at age twenty four, worked for Merc and otger major chemical and medical companies for many decades before he retired, and wrote the org chem book that most of the entire country was using at tgat time. Who cares about him? Point is, he had the reputation of being the most ridiculously tough org chem teacher in the country. People used to completely switch universities to try to get away from him. Yes, I did take those full courses in ten weeks of summer also, I did not only get a's in them, I did, get four perfect test grades on all four exams in my second semester including all extra credit questions, something Mandell said has never happened after teaching tens of thousands of students. And, yeah, ok, soubds like bragging, but I was pretty proud of that. I was pretty proud of that. Just sayin.

I toutored biochemisty and tutored for Mcat medical school entrance exams for extra money during college.

I know you like to pretend you are smart, its cool, and have a high opinion of your intelligence,  usually ranting on some not even relevent point, ususlly missing the point, and sometimes not even having a point, while trying to make your point, but its ok. You will continue to believe you are a genius reguardless of what I or anyone else says. Anyway, my home walls are lined with hundreds and hundreds of books, 99.99% non fiction, all of which I have read, some more than once because I enjoyed them so much, because I read every single night of my life before I sleep. I live in a virtual library of books that I have read. I prefer history, but do still read a bit of science based material too. And a TON of military history as well. I will absolutely DESTROY you or most people you can present in a contest of military history knowlege, especially WW2.  Anyway, just saying, I really love history.

You can find a ton of things to rip on me for, and I'd be guilty of a lot of em. All I ask is when you do, at least be accurate about it and actually KNOW what you are talking about before you do so. I realize it might be a first for you, but you should try it.

I promise I will do the same, when I am ripping, mocking and belittling you.

I don't have to make it up. You give me plenty of amo.

Ok? We cool?

Good.

Back to the hatin then.

And one thing I have never been accused of is not having a sense of humor.

I would get it if there was something to get.

But sorry, Andy Kauffman is STILL  not funny.

Some People used to think he was a comedic genius. They used to think that because they couldnt figure out gow he could be so successful and yet still so not funny.

Back to the nonesense.

• Members

IF I were to respond superficially, I'd tend to agree with "Skynyrd over the Allman Brothers" on the basis that Skynyrd had more songs I really like: Simple Man, Tuesday's Gone, Freebird...But I think I attribute a lot of that to the fact that they had 3 very talented guitar players + very good talent of the piano/keyboards.  I mean, that's a formidable collection of players.

But if I were to inherit the guitar chops of any of them, I'd opt for that of Duane Allman.

• Members

Bydo, I think Dickie is an amazing guitarist, when he's sober. And I have little doubt that Great Southern had some good album cuts recorded, when he was sober. I've had the displeasure of working with him several times in the last 15 years or so. He was a sloppy mess every time. I feel bad for anybody who actually paid to see the prick. I normally don't talk **** about the musicians I've worked with, and try to stay professional, but he was a real **** to everyone around him. As a fan of the early Allman Bros., it was a real let-down.

• Members

Davenport wrote:

Just saying

Dave, You ignorant slut. You are the guy that cruises through the stockyard with a stick, stirring up the copies, to make sure they stink.

You are talking about two entirely different bands here Dave! Two entirely different genres really. Bands with truly different quality and influences.

I fart in your general direction.

Archived