Wife redid my drum/music room PICS

twosticks

• Members

Howdy, with our new place about two years now, I lost my old insulated drum room with subfloor. At new place, my set is in the spare bedroom with guest bed and boxes of stuff. Wife wanted me to move my computer in here and redo the room for me. My stepson had bought a ton of old records from the thrift shop years ago and it gave my wife the idea. I also love cats plus is where our cat comes to sleep and get away from the dogs. She evens stays on the bed now when I play with blasts sticks!

Also on wall is an old Slingland snare that was with my old junk kit (Oval "Niles, Ill" badge, needs one lug and new snares) and my practice pad that I had from when I first started playing about 25 years ago! Edges are chewed up from where I used it as a "wood block" at times. Also, I now have a flat screen comp. monitor so I have much more desk space! Enjoy! If you like, I may have a few more pics as well.

Grants008.jpg

Grants021.jpg

Grants012.jpg

Grants009.jpg

Grants015.jpg

Grants011.jpg

Grants008.jpg

Grants007.jpg

Grants012.jpg

Turned out to be quite the Man Cave! The end for now...

• Members

Yes, I mute them and play with blast sticks mostly to keep the sound down and practice in the house. I guess the snare is angled odd, I just like it up near my toms and been used to it that why since my last set that had a rack. It's not so bad once you're in the driver's seat. When I know we are going to have guest stay over, I either stack up the drums or move them all into the corner. This is the best way that I can practice in the new house.

I have always liked cats since I was younger. We had dogs too but mostly cats. Since me and my wife met and knows I like cats, she and other friends have bought me cat trinkets here and there and that's where most of the cat decorations come from. (The cat cutouts on the walls we actually found at a thrift shop for .50 after wife told me what she wanted to do.)

It was just my drums, the bed and old Christmas and dishes boxes, so this works better.

• Members

Do you go through more snare heads with the angle like that? It seems to me that by hitting at a sharper angle, you're wearing on the head more than usual.

Actually no, It's no different than a tom head that is angled. If fact my current snare head used to be on the Slingerland snare that's on the wall. That was from 95'?? so it makes the head like 15 years old!!! I need to take a driver's seat pic, it doesn't look as angled from that point of view.

• Members

Actually no, It's no different than a tom head that is angled. If fact my current snare head used to be on the Slingerland snare that's on the wall. That was from 95'?? so it makes the head like 15 years old!!! I need to take a driver's seat pic, it doesn't look as angled from that point of view.

Doesn't look real comfortable but if you can comfortably play rimshots, no harm I guess. I think most drummers depend on the flatter angles for the convenient bounciness anyway.

• Members

Nice drum room Twosticks. To each his own on the angle's man. And you do get the record for most cat's on the wall posted on here. Very nice of the wife to do this for ya Bro. Probably two-fold twosticks, one- she loves ya; two- she's grateful you don't blast her outa the house daily practicing. :)

Archived