Mike Portnoy going gaga during a recent show in Manila

skunky_funk

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wrongnote85

View Post

really? cause i saw three other high profile players on that stage.

Well, MP put the project together and organized the tour, so I don't see him getting "fired," per se. `Sides, they've moved on. We're just the internet.

This is one of his supergroup collaborations, of which he has done many, and I love the line-up. Great reviews of their shows, too, and if you can find some clips, check `em out - these are four GREAT players doing some cool stuff.

He may not be the star, per se, but he's the boss.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FitchFY

View Post

Well, MP put the project together and organized the tour, so I don't see him getting "fired," per se. `Sides, they've moved on. We're just the internet.

This is one of his supergroup collaborations, of which he has done many, and I love the line-up. Great reviews of their shows, too, and if you can find some clips, check `em out - these are four GREAT players doing some cool stuff.

He may not be the star, per se, but he's the boss.

You're welcorned (sorry) to your rise Fitch but us mortals gotta bitch when its bichen. Boss gets blindsided by his own tour?

idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear

View Post

You're welcorned (sorry) to your rise Fitch but us mortals gotta bitch when its bichen. Boss gets blindsided by his own tour?

idn_smilie.gif

I'll show you bitchen! Totally_jammin_out.gif

Seriously, no idea what you said, but I'm sure I agree/ don't agree whole-heartedly/ light mayo and toasted, please.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear

View Post

Soupersaledd?

Yeah, did you have a PC Stroke or something? Cause your posts have made zero sense for a while. Its hard to read your empty insults towards me when I cant make out the language. Maybe you have a really terrible auto-correct on a phone you use to post? confused.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin Coryell

View Post

Yeah, did you have a PC Stroke or something? Cause your posts have made zero sense for a while. Its hard to read your empty insults towards me when I cant make out the language. Maybe you have a really terrible auto-correct on a phone you use to post? confused.gif

Merlin, you fool, shut up! You're going to get a T-800 sent back after BOTH OF US! biggrin.gif

• Members

I was a DT fan in the 90's.......I like MP's drumming most of the time. It is sad when something like this happens and it's really easy to critisize when someone loses it. He's a good drummer having a bad night on stage.

Not making excuses for the man but you'd have to walk in his shoes right there to understand it. I hate to see good drum equipment thrown around like that.............and he's not doing it for 'stage presence' that's for sure.

The best thing I got out of this thread though was the post of that video of Billy Cobham and band.........freaking awesome - I've been a fan since the Mahavishnu days. He makes it look so easy.....Billy Cobham and Steve Gadd = they both seem to not play A NOTE OUT OF PLACE.....freaky really.

• Members

I saw Buddy Rich lose it one afternoon on stage, but he just cussed a string while playing (never stopped playing, but fired and rehired his bass player, who was also his drum tech- three times during the same song!)
I don't see any excuse for that kind of behavior. Never! Not even if part of the act.
I think you should always be aware that you may be setting an example for someone. And especially these days when YOU KNOW someone will catch you on video and post it to FB or YouTube!
He could have merely stopped the song, apologized to the crowed for a technical make over, made the corrections, and restarted the set.
This to me equals FAIL.
D

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dendy Jarrett

View Post

I saw Buddy Rich lose it one afternoon on stage, but he just cussed a string while playing (never stopped playing, but fired and rehired his bass player, who was also his drum tech- three times during the same song!)

I don't see any excuse for that kind of behavior. Never! Not even if part of the act.

I think you should always be aware that you may be setting an example for someone. And especially these days when YOU KNOW someone will catch you on video and post it to FB or YouTube!

He could have merely stopped the song, apologized to the crowed for a technical make over, made the corrections, and restarted the set.

This to me equals FAIL.

D

I agree 100% No matter what kind of crap is going at the time as a musician you are being paid to entertain. Throwing a fit on stage is not entertaining (to most people) thus, you are not doing what you are being paid to do. You are not professional, pure and simple.

Archived