Are We Dead Yet?

Carminemw

• Members

I'm here. Not from Tulsa.

Driven through.

And I don't live too far from it.

Can't think of any reason to go there.

I am from Texas, originally, sort of. El Paso is barely part of Texas.

I do have a theory about how El Paso came to be part of Texas. Mexico, New Mexico and Texas were sitting around claiming cities as theirs. Mexico and NM both didn't want EP so Texas said "Ah, hell! We'll take it." Then pulled out a map, got a ruler and drew a line down along NM and west out to EP and said, "There, it's ours."

I can't think of any other reason why EP is part of Texas cuz its more like NM and Mexico.

• Members

Yes, I am still here and while I am from Oklahoma City and have been IN and Through Tulsa Many times, I now live in north Florida and haven't been in Tulsa since 1994 when my aunt died? I do have relatives about an hour north of Tulsa in Bartlesville (home of Phillips 66 petroleum) but not sure if they could do anything for even me in Tulsa?? Maybe if they got some money to cover expenses? Tulsa is really a nice small city like Richmond, Va, Harrisburg, Pa or Eugene, Ore?? During the Oil Boom in the early 1900's and again in the late 70's in the Carter years, Tulsa was fat with so many oil barons. Even today is a major American Airlines maintenance hub and is major outdoor music festival each year close by.

But yeah,I get the jokes and think it's funny too! icon_lol.gif Tulsa, OK Skyline and downtown 01.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by boxofrocks

View Post

We were, until spring. Got tired of not having a job, so we left. Been employed since we got here. It's like night and day...

Good for you Bro. Glad to hear it. I know you've had your share of tough times. Myself as well, but like you, things are starting to look up.thumb.gif

• Members

That's the spirit guys! No matter how hard the suits try to kill this place by improving it (if you get my drift), ... you guys hang tough and belabor so much BS in performance and spam. For that, I am humbled! If everything I am seeing holds true, it is about to get much better performance wise.
Heres for hoping 2013 turns out to be good luck, ... not bad!
D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey, Carmine! I'm not from Tulsa but I'm still alive and kicking. Haven't been here in a while, been busy with horses, dogs and goats. Haven't had a lot of time to practice but I'm still trying. My wrists and fingers are not as agile as they used to be. I'm glad to see that you're still here and rockin'. Hope all is well with you and your family. I'll try to get here more often. Regards, Bill.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wmcutter

View Post

Hey, Carmine! I'm not from Tulsa but I'm still alive and kicking. Haven't been here in a while, been busy with horses, dogs and goats. Haven't had a lot of time to practice but I'm still trying. My wrists and fingers are not as agile as they used to be. I'm glad to see that you're still here and rockin'. Hope all is well with you and your family. I'll try to get here more often. Regards, Bill.

Billehhh!!!!!! How you be? Hope everything is going well with U2...This place is pretty dead right now...amny computer glitches but a few of us have survived...good to hear from you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived