Year-End Gear Round-Up Thread

Thunderbroom

• Members

Garage sale 1x18 some kind of probably homemade cab - $19US. Driven poorly by a garage sale home stereo receiver.

Little purple plastic 9V powered guitar amp with a flakey input jack from the guitar center as-is table - $10US. Sounds best when rubbed on the strings for feedback.

Samick p-bass for defrettin' - $80US

Flatwounds - $20

Garage sale Crate BX50 - $60US.

One set of finger picks that seemed like they might be worth a try, but I couldn't get any good out of them.

Tuner - birthday present

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ibanez Musician bass

DeArmond M-75T electric guitar

Fender Bassman 10 combo

I bought them all online, and had them shipped to PDX, and haven't played any of them 'cause I'm still in friggin' Fort Drum NY :mad:

'Course, I demobilize and go home next week and have a month before I go back to work, so I can play with my new toys then :D

• Members

I think I bought the Eden CX110 this year, but I'm sure I bought the Sterling this year.

Eden CX110 - I sold a GS112 and bought this to add punch to my sound, and it worked, but I'd like to have a good 4 ohm 410 eventually because I struggle with volume in some live situations.

Sterling - Frickin' NICE! This things looks, plays, and sounds great.

• Members

2001 N.O.S. Gibson T-Bird - Natural Finish...love it, looks great and sounds great...lucked out on the QC apparently as I can't spot any flaws

Greco P-Bass - I have gushed enough about it...I will limit comments to mentioning that it has healed the wound left by my stolen Bob Glaub (Skyline)

Dr. Bass 2x10 and 1x15 from NoLogic. Only got a few hours in on them when I was home for the holidays....liked what I heard

Behringer Sans Amp knock off - does what I needed well enough

Tubeworks Blue Tube Bass Driver Pedal - me rikee!!

Ibanez PhatHead distortion pedal - fun

Pandora Bass and Digital Recorder - they both fit the bill perfectly. Pandora is a good practice tool and the recorder has done exeactly what I needed in a portable east to use recorder...likely not using them to their potential but I like them

good year.....now just to get that Tacoma.....

:)

• Members

OK here goes:

Soldano Avenger - $1550

Ampeg SVT-350H & 8x10 cab - $1500

EB MM stingray 4 string- $800 (new from GC)

Marshall JCM 900 4500 - $500

Modded Fender bassman 100 - $175

G&L SB-2 - $600

Fender Japan '72 Tele Custom RI - $650

Chandler/WD Frankenstrat - $175

Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster 4x12 cab - $315

4 piece C&C Custom Drums w/ Humes & Berg Enduro cases - $1750ccdrums.jpg

Pearl 2000 series Hardware , Zildjian A Custom cymbals - $700

Recording gear - $1300

Ampeg SVTDI Preamp - $299

mid to late 1970s Alvarez 5055 acoustic (lawsuit Southern Jumbo copy) - $185

Newest gear purchases:

NOS 1999 Fender Hot-Rodded P Bass - "I got hosed, but I love it!"

1996 GMP Elite - $600

There is probably more but its still early.

• Members

Basses:

Ibanez SR400 - first bass. it was in terrible condition, so i traded it in for...

Cort Curbow 5

Amps:

Trace Elliot GP7SM 1x15 combo (pre-Gibson)

Trace Elliot V-Type 300W heard (Pre-Gibson)

Peavey MAX 126

Effects:

MXR/Dunlop Bass Auto Q

Other:

cable, strings, etc.

Still to come (hopefully this year):

a cab to go with the TE V-Type - Schroeder, G-B or Eden.

• Members

Rickenbacker 4003 Jetglo - the one, the only.

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz body, fully loaded. I can't not have a Fender in the rack.

Fender 70's reissue neck, rosewood with MOP blocks - should be showing up on my doorstep today.

Tama ImperialStar drums, used. Best non-bass-related $300 I ever spent.

GAS for the New Year will consist of tools, a decent guitar, and speakers.

• CMS Author

Hmmm, okay....

12u Amp rack

QSC RMX2450

Audix D-6

Mic stand and cables for above.

Furman ME-something power thingy.

Turbosound 12" floor wedges (x2), bought and returned same week.

Fender MIA Precision Bass. Traded in MIM Jazz.

Sold off Lexicon MPX-110 to my guitarist. Hated the interface. No replacement bought yet. Considering a TC M-One.

Tascam CDBT1 bass trainer, bought new for (only!) $80 at NSL, gave CDGT1 to my daughter.

Whirlwind snake, bought used cheap to completely rebuild, ongoing project.

Beta-tested a Crest Performance CP-32 mixing console from April to September. Liked it, but couldn't justify even the deeply discounted purchase price. Still holding out for an A&H GL2400.

• Members

Lakland Joe Osborn 4 string in 3 tone sunburst,

Eden 410XLT cab

Electro Harmonix Small Stone

Morley Power wah boost

Electro Harmonix Big Muff

wow, it been kind of a slow year for gear this year... oh well... theres still next year :)

Next years purchases are:

A decent fender stratocaster, maybe a highway 1,

and either a good fretless or a mid level acoustic for at home

and cases for all our mics and other gear that is without cases

• Members

Ken Smith Design (KSD) 70s Jazz 5 string bass (used for $550 shipped)

best deal on a 5 string jazz bass I have ever seen. Excellent bass. Good preamp, good fit and finish. Perhaps not by only dream bass, but certainly one of my dream basses.

:thu:

• Members

Stuff ive kept:

ESP Viper STD - Awesome!

Ampeg SVT-CL - Again Awesome

Peavey 6505+ and matching 4x12 - For high gain stuff its perfect, not too expensive either.

The rest:

Jackson Christian Olde Wolbers

Ibanez RGT-42

Gibson Flying V

All were bought cheap and sold cheaper. They all started out great, and started to break, and get damaged way too easily. The Gibson was a total wash and cost me and extra $300 for a new nut, pickups and electronics because they were all terible, the nut and electronisa broke and the pickups sucked.

Its been a pretty lax year for me gearwise. Im usually going through stuff really fast and selling it for tonal reasons. The only things i sold this year, the 3 guitars were sold out of structural concerns.

Later this year ill be getting a small reliable 1x12 combo with and XLR for church worship and home use.

Next year im going to get a new fretless (maybe a Pedulla) and a second Peavey 6505 4x12.

If i dont get a Pedulla ill get matching MM Stingrays.

• Members

Steinberger Spirit: loved the sound and the weight, couldn't get used to the neck. Sold on ebay for about what I paid for it.

Genz Benz GBE400: its on ebay right now. I like it a lot but I'm revamping my amp setup and sound and need some more funds. Hey, $350 buy it now, jump on it (includes sturdy GB case).

G&L L2000 Tribute. It's a keeper, love the feel and the tone. I should say tones.

'81 Fender Bullet bass: what a great little bass. I've ordered a new pickguard (in antique pearl) and a Muy Grande P pickup I plan to install, make it into a light weight P bass. It's short scale and the neck has a fantastic feel to it, very fast and comfortable. I'll keep the old pickguard and pups in case I want to put it back in original configuration. I'll need to rout the cavity about a quarter inch wider.

Oh yeah, a Zoom MRS802 8 track digital recorder with built in CD burner and drum machine. A fantastic recorder, it beats the Boss BR8 hands-down.

I've found I just don't need a big amp rig. My Ashdown EB with a 12" speaker works fine for small gigs, and on the bigger gigs I run a line out to PA anyway. I figure why tote all that gear just to have a big monitor on stage. My next big investment will be a higher quality light-weight combo, maybe the Roland D-Bass or Mesa Walkabout Scout, I'm looking at the options.

• Members

Fodera Imperial 5 (finished paying for it and received it this year... though most of the $$ was put down last year). I love my bass :D So nice to play :thu::love:

EA iAmp 800. A used 600 and I clicked right away so I bought the 800. Good stuff!

Bergantino HT322. This came recommended by several forumites, including Jugghaid. The damn thing's heavy but it sounds so nice :cool: I'll definitely have to get into shape if I ever started jamming or gigging as it's upstairs :mad:

Rockstand 5-guitar stand. Great for cleaning up the clutter of my lesser guitars and bass (the nice ones stay in their cases for a quick escape in case of an earthquake).

Comfort Strapp. The name says it all :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Fodera Imperial 5 (finished paying for it and received it this year... though most of the $$ was put down last year). I love my bass
:D
So nice to play
:thu::love:

EA iAmp 800. A used 600 and I clicked right away so I bought the 800. Good stuff!

Bergantino HT322. This came recommended by several forumites, including Jugghaid. The damn thing's heavy but it sounds so nice
:cool:
I'll definitely have to get into shape if I ever started jamming or gigging as it's upstairs
:mad:

Rockstand 5-guitar stand. Great for cleaning up the clutter of my lesser guitars and bass (the nice ones stay in their cases for a quick escape in case of an earthquake).

Comfort Strapp. The name says it all
:thu:

Dang niomosy, I think you win. :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Dang niomosy, I think you win.
:eek:

I'm not sure. I only had about 1k left to pay on the Fodera this year (I put most of the money down last year) so it's not like I racked up really huge $$ this year. The cab and amp were a pretty hefty amount but not super insane. It was a good gear year, though. Not a BOALG year or anything but.... ;)

• Members

Behringer SM58 copy microphone. - Great mic.

Behringer BDI21 pedal - awesome and cheap addition to my rig. Love the tube warmth it adds. Absolute {censored} as a DI.

Behringer BEQ pedal - a gift from my guitarist. I like it, though I would've lived without it.

Yorkville XC808 8x8 cabinet - AWESOME!

Couple packs of Webstrings strings.

Good year for gear for me.

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

I'm not sure. I only had about 1k left to pay on the Fodera this year (I put most of the money down last year) so it's not like I racked up really huge $$ this year. The cab and amp were a pretty hefty amount but not super insane. It was a good gear year, though. Not a BOALG year or anything but....
;)

Whatever the case, I'm thinking that your time on this forum has run it's course. You need to be with your own kind...over at Talkbass. 'Tis been nice knowing you. :p

Archived