Israel At War?!?

Thunderbroom

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by misterhinkydink

So it was Osama Bin Laden who really caused the collapse of the Soviet Union.
:D

No, he was just an integral piece of the plan Reagan dreamed up whilst napping. And you thought those naps were a waste of time. :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Mudbass

Nope, it was Clinton. President Clinton elected to rely on former President Jimmy Carter and decided to appease the Marxist-Stalinist dictatorship.

Carter met with North Korean leader Kim Jong-il in Pyongyang and returned to America waving a piece of paper and declaring peace in our time. Kim, according to Carter, had agreed to stop his nuclear weapons development.

The Clinton appeasement program for North Korea included hundreds of millions of dollars in aid, food, oil and even a nuclear reactor. However, the agreement was flawed and lacked even the most informal means of verification.

In return, Kim elected to starve his people while using the American aid to build uranium bombs.

Ya know, I didn't like any of these brokered deals at the time but in retrospect we had to try knowing full well we might be postponing the inevitable. There really is no negotiated peace without one party being vanquished. It's bee true since human history began.

So, I guess Clinton and Carter had the right approach even though I never liked their policies at the time. They wanted to believe they could talk their way out of war and conflict. They were duped like I thought they would be at the time but God bless them for attempting to beat history and negotiate peace.

Of course, now the CNN and PMSNBC crowds are blaming Bush for not paying enough attention to the region. Huh? The talking heads who say this need to be put back on their medication and stop eating those LSD blotters.

I now think we're running out of options and time. Anyone who doesn't believe that Iran is behind this is only fooling themselves. I think everyone is worried about escalation but I believe escalation is inevitable.

GO ISRAEL !! Kick some ass!

{censored} the UN. :thu: :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by hawkhuff

Ya know, I didn't like any of these brokered deals at the time but in retrospect we had to try knowing full well we might be postponing the inevitable. There really is no negotiated peace without one party being vanquished. It's bee true since human history began.

So, I guess Clinton and Carter had the right approach even though I never liked their policies at the time. They wanted to believe they could talk their way out of war and conflict. They were duped like I thought they would be at the time but God bless them for attempting to beat history and negotiate peace.

Of course, now the CNN and PMSNBC crowds are blaming Bush for not paying enough attention to the region. Huh? The talking heads who say this need to be put back on their medication and stop eating those LSD blotters.

I now think we're running out of options and time. Anyone who doesn't believe that Iran is behind this is only fooling themselves. I think everyone is worried about escalation but I believe escalation is inevitable.

GO ISRAEL !! Kick some ass!

{censored} the UN.
:thu:
:thu:

The Neville Chamberlain approach never works. It was wrong in the 1930's, it was wrong with N. Korea and it's wrong for those who want to try it with Iran now. In a way, Clinton's attempt to appease N. Korea did more to shake up world security than the war in Iraq has. N. Korea now has nukes and Japan is sweating bullets. If Japan suspects in any way that the USA is unable or unwilling to protect them you can bet they will re-arm and possibly go nuclear themselves. Thanks Bubba.

• Members
Originally posted by J.

So, who here is eligible for the draft?

:wave:
Tail end of my eligibility, but they didn't let me join 10 years ago because of my feet, so I'm not sure if I'd get drafted or not. If it happened and they want to put me in a support/technical position, I'd do it. I know how to work on water pumps...
C7

• Members
Originally posted by J.

I am, probably, but I'd probably high-tail it to Canada first chance I got.

Not a coward; just not willing to go to war for a pointless cause.

Not to slight our military or our troops; they're doing a really good job in the situation they've been put into. But I couldn't rectify fighting for a false cause myself.

Guess I'm just not that duty-minded.:(

• Members
Originally posted by Thumper

Check the Selective Service System website.

http://www.sss.gov/WHHAP.HTM

OK, I thought the draft went up to age 28, but apparently it's up to 26. I'm out.

If you are drafted you can file for Consciencious Objector status, meaning that you can opt to fulfill your service in a civil position stateside, or in a non-combatant role. So you don't have to run to Canada, you can go fold blankets at the homeless shelter or something.:confused:
C7

• Members
Originally posted by Crescent Seven

OK, I thought the draft went up to age 28, but apparently it's up to 26. I'm out.

If you are drafted you can file for Consciencious Objector status, meaning that you can opt to fulfill your service in a civil position stateside, or in a non-combatant role. So you don't have to run to Canada, you can go fold blankets at the homeless shelter or something.
:confused:
C7

Uh, who exactly is being drafted?:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by J.

I am. In fact, I am at the age where if they started the draft this year, I would be the first ones chosen. I doubt the draft will happen, but if it does and I get drafted, I would gladly serve my country :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by Bass8987

I am. In fact, I am at the age where if they started the draft this year, I would be the first ones chosen. I doubt the draft will happen, but if it does and I get drafted, I would gladly serve my country
:wave:

So why not just join now? Get your choice of jobs, some bonus money, and if the {censored} breaks bad, you'll be first in line for promotions when the draftees come. At least thats been my theory all along ;) (Been in Army 6 years, am in Qatar right now)

Archived