Israel At War?!?

Thunderbroom

• Members

I'm surprised there's not a thread on this:

I was flipping through the channels at ~6pm CST yesterday when reports came in that Israel had bombed the Hamas-controlled Palestinian Foreign Ministry in Gaza City.

Apparently it ecscalated quite a bit since then.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by zachoff

Haven't they been at war for about 2000 years now?

Crazy though. If we start {censored} in Iran & N Korea keeps up with their {censored}, we could be looking at the beginnings of WWIII. Sucks.

As for Iran and Norh Korea, at least it's not just us since Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, Western Europe, and many other countries would be with us.

• Members

Originally posted by Thumper

I can't see the situation de-escalating any time soon. None of the parties involved are known for making compromises.
:(

Israel just turned over a ton of acerage to them though. I guess the world was fooled into thinking that it would go any distance at all toward satisfying Palistine.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by Deep Bass

As for Iran and Norh Korea, at least it's not just us since Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, Western Europe, and many other countries would be with us.

Don't count on China, or even Russia for that matter. Both have already backed off any sanctions of NK for the rocket launches, and China is the muscle behind NK in the first place.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

Don't count on China, or even Russia for that matter. Both have already backed off any sanctions of NK for the rocket launches, and China is the muscle behind NK in the first place.

I'm not counting on anybody to have our backs if the {censored} hits the fan.

C7

• Members

It's going to get very messy.

Israel, the Palestinians, Iran, Lebanon, the EU, Russia, and the US are all involved to some degree at this point, and may get dragged in even further.

I was surprised to see that Israel bombed Beirut and blockaded Lebanese ports though.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by beam

It's going to get very messy.

Israel, the Palestinians, Iran, Lebanon, the EU, Russia, and the US are all involved to some degree at this point, and may get dragged in even further.

I was surprised to see that Israel bombed Beirut and blockaded Lebanese ports though.

I wasn't. {censored}ing with Israel is (*ducks*) like {censored}ing with a cop....very unlikely that you'll wind up with a good outcome.

• Members

What ticks me off is the Lebanese government types whinging to the press about Israel's "aggression" and "acts of war". Just who do they suppose is harboring the Hezbollah folks who are rocketing Israeli civilians and kidnapping people? The Lebanese government is at least partially responsible for those attacks.

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Israel just turned over a ton of acerage to them though. I guess the world was fooled into thinking that it would go any distance at all toward satisfying Palistine.

Wrong "them" - although it's all intertwined, this latest mess is not with the Palestinians, it's with Hezbollah in Lebanon.

• Members

Originally posted by zachoff

Haven't they been at war for about 2000 years now?

Crazy though. If we start {censored} in Iran & N Korea keeps up with their {censored}, we could be looking at the beginnings of WWIII. Sucks.

4000 years ago. old testament times, god led the isrealites out of the desert into the promised land. unfortunately, god neglected to tell the palestinians who lived there about this plan.

fast forward to wwii, when the united nations decided that the best thing to do was the creation of a jewish state. again, neglecting to ask the people already living there.

in between, there was no isreal. so to say that isreal has been at war is not really right. most of the conflicts in the middle east stem from these events.

• Members

Originally posted by bholder

Wrong "them" - although it's all intertwined, this latest mess is not with the Palestinians, it's with Hezbollah in Lebanon.

My bad. I was watching CNN this morning with my nose in my laptop. Automatically thought it was the other them.

• Members

Originally posted by Crescent Seven

That was dumb...

Yeah.

Israel will probably waltz all over Lebanon and maybe Syria for a few days, then head back and it'll be quiet for a few years.

It's like a {censored} boomerang - after it hits the fan, it comes back and hits the fan a bit more :(

• Members

Originally posted by cthulhu0

4000 years ago. old testament times, god led the isrealites out of the desert into the promised land. unfortunately, god neglected to tell the palestinians who lived there about this plan.

fast forward to wwii, when the united nations decided that the best thing to do was the creation of a jewish state. again, neglecting to ask the people already living there.

in between, there was no isreal. so to say that isreal has been at war is not really right. most of the conflicts in the middle east stem from these events.

Not quite right, they were from that general vicinity before their little "side trip" to Egypt.

Archived