Israel At War?!?

Thunderbroom

• Members

I'd prefer Israel not to be kicking ass, thanks. If some clever person with a nuke sets it off either there or in Lebanon, I am currently far too close for comfort. (Look on a map where Cyprus is). Prevailing winds would make it... edgy.

War is utterly pointless and futile. I believe Israel is the agressor here, they seriously overreacted in the first place and escelated the whole issue. Although, they've been making concessions lately and those Islamic extremists simply wanted more. Give em an inch and they want a mile huh...

I don't know what the solution to this problem is. Both sides to simply wake up and realise that there is no way foreward without serious compromise.

Did no one in the UN forsee this kind of trouble when Israel was created?

Anyway. There had better be some seriously high-level intervention, and soon, before things get really out of hand. What we've seen so far has been the tip of the iceberg.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

Originally posted by NeonVomit

War is utterly pointless and futile. I believe Israel is the agressor here, they seriously overreacted in the first place and escelated the whole issue.

What occurred before Hezb' tunneled into Israel and kidnapped 2 Israeli soldiers?

The aggressor is starting to look like Iran, not Israel, not Lebanon.

• CMS Author
Originally posted by Crescent Seven

OK, I thought the draft went up to age 28, but apparently it's up to 26. I'm out.

If you are drafted you can file for Consciencious Objector status, meaning that you can opt to fulfill your service in a civil position stateside, or in a non-combatant role. So you don't have to run to Canada, you can go fold blankets at the homeless shelter or something.
:confused:
C7

The current Selective Service registration age is 18-25 according to Wiki.

And you can get a 4-F status by merely stating that you're a homosexual.

I don't think they make you prove it......:eek:

• CMS Author

So what's the solution? Invade Iran?

In the Middle East there is no solution. Rational people would sit down and negotiate a settlement, and stick by it. But these assholes have all proven to be lying bastards for centuries, and never stick with treaties, agreements, settlements, etc.

The solution is for the rest of the world to find another energy source, and leave these jackasses to fight amongst themselves. Since it's abundantly obvious they don't care about their own lives enough to save them, I don't see why we should.

• Members

I've heard plenty about Ethanol and other renewable power sources. Isn't Brazil completely energy-independant due to using ethanol for cars or something?

Anyway, yeah, let's stop using oil and let them blow each other to hell. That's all they've really wanted to do for the past 4000-odd years in any case.

As long as they don't use nukes. No need to {censored} everyone around up as well.

• CMS Author

As long as they don't use nukes. No need to {censored} everyone around up as well.

Sadly, it's only a matter of time before it happens. Russia and China are arms whores and sell their technology to anyone with hard cash. And that doesn't even address the stuff that was stolen from Russia.

• Members

I'd prefer Israel not to be kicking ass, thanks. If some clever person with a nuke sets it off either there or in Lebanon, I am currently far too close for comfort. (Look on a map where Cyprus is). Prevailing winds would make it... edgy.

War is utterly pointless and futile. I believe Israel is the agressor here, they seriously overreacted in the first place and escelated the whole issue. Although, they've been making concessions lately and those Islamic extremists simply wanted more. Give em an inch and they want a mile huh...

I don't know what the solution to this problem is. Both sides to simply wake up and realise that there is no way foreward without serious compromise.

Did no one in the UN forsee this kind of trouble when Israel was created?

Anyway. There had better be some seriously high-level intervention, and soon, before things get really out of hand. What we've seen so far has been the tip of the iceberg.

First, I think things have already gotten out of hand. But this has been a long time coming.

Israel is at fault?? WTF? :confused:

Correct me if wrong on these facts.
Israel moved out of the Golan Heights and Beka Valley. They gave up the Gaza much to the consternation of the settlers living there. They were in the process of giving up parts of the West Bank.

Hamas preaches the eradication of Israel.
Hezbollah preaches the destruction of Israel.
Both teach this to their children in their 'schools'.
Hezbollah is funded by Iran and Syria.
Hamas is funded by Iran and Syria.
The new prez of Iran has stated unequivocally that the holocaust never happened and that Israel must be exterminated.
Lebanese people have elected hezbollah members to 25% of their parliment.
The palestinians have elected a majority hamas to their parliment.

The Israelis made it clear that they will never negotiate with a government that calls for its destruction. Uh, no {censored} Sherlock !

And these inbred idiots, after Israel pulls out of the Gaza start launching 5 rockets per day at Israeli settlements.

I am sure the Cypriot government or any other government for that matter, would never permit this to go on without an all out offensive against the nations perpetrating these acts of war.

Israel has, in my opinion, exercised incredible restraint over the years.

I truly hope they step it up a few more notches and completely incapacitate their ability to wage war.

Civilians die in all wars and in my estimation the Lebanese and palestinians have reaped what they have sown by electing terrorists to run their governments.

My $0.02.

• Members

Israel is NOT the agressor, you are just wrong on that point. Israel has made concessions, THROUGH THE UN, and Lebanon GREED to those consessions, and has failed to live up to their side of the deal.

What the world's nation's need to do is come up with a solution to the way these terrorist nations (Lebanon, Syria, Iran, etc) conduct war. They have an "unofficial" organization do the dirty work, then say "it's not us! It's not an official attack! We can't help it or do anything about is!" This is BS and needs to be dealt with SOONER rather than later. How the hell is Israel to defend herself against a group that attacks her then runs and hides inside the "official" borders of Lebanon? Lebanon needs to control the terrotist groups, or Israel will do it for her.

I hate war, but Syria and Iran are going to force one in the Middle East. Israel will be blamed for it, sadly. The only concession the terrorists will settle for is the complete destruction of Israel. A major disaster is in the making, because the USA will NEVER stand for that. We will, for better or worse, go into Iran and Syria should major conflict with Israel take place.

Hezbolah wants a war, to make Israel fight a twot front war, one in the north with them and one in the south with Hamas. That Hamas was EVEN elected is enough to show us that western style democracy will never work in the region, we really are wasting US money and lives in Iraq trying to convince them to "be like us." They will elect ANYONE who they perceive to hate the US and Israel. It is a futile effort, a noble one, but a waste.

There is no winning or negotiating with these folks. When Israel pulled out of Gaza to help a "peace" process, Hezbolah declared a "victory" and the people of the Muslim coutnries saw them as heroes. They do not see the world the same way we do. When I was in France a month ago, there was a news story that showed a poll from the Middle East and it said most Muslims did not believe 9/11 was carried out by Muslims. THAT is what we are dealing with in that region.

Israel needs to stand tough, let those countries know they will be SMASHED if they dont stop their BS. See, Israel knows something the Europeans and the US does not know, and that is these extremist Muslims respect ONE thing and ONE thing only: brute force. Sad, but true.

• Members

The fighting is over there............we have a weapons program that is 50 years in the future. Do you realize the Stealth FA117 was actually built in the late 70's? First tested in combat in the late 80's. They said the planes missed their targets on purpose. Actually they told the pilots to bomb a certain tree in one case a certain shrub. Both were right on the money. So what else do we have?

• Members
Originally posted by Craigv

The current Selective Service registration age is 18-25 according to Wiki.

And you can get a 4-F status by merely stating that you're a homosexual.

I don't think they make you prove it......
:eek:

I think there are alot of straight guys out there that would prefer a fat dick in their mouth than a gun in their hand. I'm NOT one of them.:D
C7

• Members

Anyway, after reading a bunch of [panic]WWIII!!![/panic] blogs and stuff, I've reached this conclusion:

There will be no WWIII. The European Union will have nothing to do with it. The USA is already overstretched as it is. China will keep out, but a weary eye on the situation. Same with Russia. India has enough to be concerned with at the moment. So, none of the world's major powers (China and India will be there soon) would get involved, certainly not against each other.

Iran wouldn't dare use any nuclear weapons (I believe they don't have any yet anyway) because Israel wouldn't hesitate for a second to respond in kind, with even greater force. Or even the US on their behalf, but I think Israel probably possesses enough nukes and the delivery methods to not require any assistance. Would Iran want to trade Tehran and Qom for Tel Aviv? Probably not. Even if they just gave the nuke to Hizbollah or something, it could and would be traced back to them. That would be bordering on the suicidal.

What I fear much more is another upsurge in global terrorism. That would plain suck.

• Members

Anyway, after reading a bunch of [panic]WWIII!!![/panic] blogs and stuff, I've reached this conclusion:

There will be no WWIII. The European Union will have nothing to do with it. The USA is already overstretched as it is. China will keep out, but a weary eye on the situation. Same with Russia. India has enough to be concerned with at the moment. So, none of the world's major powers (China and India will be there soon) would get involved, certainly not against each other.

Iran wouldn't dare use any nuclear weapons (I believe they don't have any yet anyway) because Israel wouldn't hesitate for a second to respond in kind, with even greater force. Or even the US on their behalf, but I think Israel probably possesses enough nukes and the delivery methods to not require any assistance. Would Iran want to trade Tehran and Qom for Tel Aviv? Probably not. Even if they just gave the nuke to Hizbollah or something, it could and would be traced back to them. That would be bordering on the suicidal.

What I fear much more is another upsurge in global terrorism. That would plain suck.

+1

And nobody is going to get drafted either, so don't anybody worry about that. It's not going to happen unless the USA gets into a huge conventional war and the Army needs tons of cannon fodder. Today's hi-tech military needs recruits with more than two brain cells to rub together and the last thing they want to do is to resort to yanking goofballs off the street who like to wear their pants down around their knees and their baseball caps backwards.

• Members

And that doesn't even address the stuff that was stolen from Russia.

Couple of Kilos of Uranium right? I did a solo talk in my English class about this subject a couple of years ago. It's a worrying though that even more completly unkown as to where it went to, and probably where it was in the first place. Plenty tomake a bomb.

• Members

Originally posted by Fireball_73

Couple of Kilos of Uranium right? I did a solo talk in my English class about this subject a couple of years ago. It's a worrying though that even more completly unkown as to where it went to, and probably where it was in the first place. Plenty tomake a bomb.

You'd need more than a couple of kilos to make a nuke. A "dirty" radioactive dispersion conventional bomb, sure, but you need more to make a nuke.

• Members

You'd need more than a couple of kilos to make a nuke. A "dirty" radioactive dispersion conventional bomb, sure, but you need more to make a nuke.

Cheers that was one of the parts of the speech I forgot about. Dirty bombs are a much more terrorist friendly weapon and could cause whole 10 square miles (maybe a bigger area) to be uninhabitable for a long period of time (decades). Imagine that if one of those bombs went off in central London or any other major city, mass radiation sickness and large infrastructure collapse. Nasty.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by bholder

They "aren't sure" how much material they've ''lost''. Nice.

Odd that I look back with fondness on the Cold War days. Mutually Assured Destruction and the futility of "fallout shelters'' etc. was comforting compared with the mess we face today.

• Members

Originally posted by bholder

That's not correct. Two pounds (a kilo) will be sifficient to make a suit case nuke. The smaller A bomb used on Hiroshima was a bit over two pounds of enriched U.

To make an area the size of a city uninhabitable from a dirty bomb would be logistically very difficult. One would need spent nuclear fuel for the dirty part. This would be difficult.

• Members

Originally posted by hawkhuff

That's not correct. Two pounds (a kilo) will be sifficient to make a suit case nuke. The smaller A bomb used on Hiroshima was a bit over two pounds of enriched U.

To make an area the size of a city uninhabitable from a dirty bomb would be logistically very difficult. One would need spent nuclear fuel for the dirty part. This would be difficult.

Yes, and sneaking in a nuclear device of any type is getting harder. They give off an awful lot of radiation, which is checked for at all major ports of entry. Short of covering the entire thing in lead (which would make it exceedingly difficult to transport), detection technology is developing rapidly. It would be fiendishly difficult to sneak one into London or New York. Sneaking one into Israel in this current situation would be virtually impossible.

• Members
Originally posted by Mudbass

...the last thing they want to do is to resort to yanking goofballs off the street who like to wear their pants down around their knees and their baseball caps backwards.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what they're doing. Gang symbols (American gangs, mind you) are showing up on buildings in Baghdad. Aryan Nations, Latin Kings, Black Gangster Disciples...

• CMS Author
Originally posted by takeout

Unfortunately, that's exactly what they're doing. Gang symbols (American gangs, mind you) are showing up on buildings in Baghdad. Aryan Nations, Latin Kings, Black Gangster Disciples...

It's good to see motived young men practicing their art in other places.

:thu::freak:

Archived