Best keyboardist?

Ace Of Bass

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by The_WitchKing

Jordan Rudess definitley, he is in a Prog Metal band. He is the Yingwie of keyboard.
:thu:

Dude, half the ones I listed are in prog metal bands...furthermore, two of them were in Dream Theater before Jordan. I actually like Derek best of the DT keyboardists, but I dislike the albums he played on. Go figure--his solo album with Yngwie and Zakk is amazing, though.

• Members

Originally posted by AntiStuff

Vadim Pruzhanov from DragonForce. When I saw them in concert he was doing rediculous keyboard solos with the keyboard behind his head. Those things weigh 50+ pounds sometimes....

not quite, more than likely using MIDI controllers....around 10-15 pounds at most for most of them.

• Members

Originally posted by AntiStuff

Vadim Pruzhanov from DragonForce. When I saw them in concert he was doing rediculous keyboard solos with the keyboard behind his head. Those things weigh 50+ pounds sometimes....

Yeah, he should have been on this list.

So should Yanni.

• Members

As a prog rock keyboardist, Wakeman is second only to Emerson. I prefer Yes myself, but I do see Emerson as the better player.

Moraz was fantastic with Yes, though since he played on only one album I don't rate him as high as Wakeman. I haven't heard a lot of his non-Yes stuff yet, though.

Few of the guys listed could keep up with Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, or Joe Zawinul.

Archived