Bottled vs. Tap Water

Thunderbroom

• Members

Ooooh, you'd better be careful - I read on a website that said that "nalg" ions are extremely poisonous and rapidly build up in the body to extremely deadly levels!
:eek:

My wife's naturopath just got done telling her this, more or less.

Supposedly nalgene bottles are great for not leaching into all sorts of fluids, but when faced with the task of carrying water they break down and leach plastic.

I'm skeptical, but really I'm not in a position to say she's right or wrong.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I should've been more specific; I was referring to the whole "international community of scientists is suppressing the truth that global warming is not caused by humans/not a problem/not happening at all by stifling the protest of the four or five scientists who actually know the truth"

People actually believe that?

No, of course they do. People will believe anything, no matter how harebrained. No matter how far-fetched, there are people who will believe it.

• Members

No, of course they do. People will believe anything, no matter how harebrained. No matter how far-fetched, there are people who will believe it.

In fact, there's a whole category of people who are actually more inclined to believe in something, the more harebrained, ridiculous, and far-fetched it is. :(

• Members

In fact, there's a whole category of people who are actually
more
inclined to believe in something, the more harebrained, ridiculous, and far-fetched it is.
:(

They are called . Usually changes every 4 to 8 years. :D

• Members

Supposedly nalgene bottles are great for not leaching into all sorts of fluids, but when faced with the task of carrying water they break down and leach plastic.

Maybe THAT'S why every time I use a Nalgene bottle I get a sudden urge to buy a Subaru Outback, some Birkenstock sandals, and a "Life is Good" stick figure t-shirt.:idea:

C7

• Members

i havent read the other posts on this thread but

alot of bottled water is basicly tap water in a bottle

or its spring water run through a bunch of pumps and pipes

the best bottled water is from here in maine. its spring water thats not pumped from the ground, they just catch the stuff that bubbles out of the ground, its then gravity fed from the source straight through stainless steel pipes into the bottle.

• Members

Actually, the more I think and read about it, the more I'm inclined to believe that we're not responsible for global warming. If you look at Gore's charts of temp/CO2, it looks pretty clear in most of the charts that temp leads CO2, i.e. temp playing a role in CO2 levels instead of the other way around. Sure, they fit together pretty nicely but but I think he's got the whole cause/effect thing reversed. I'm not scientist though, just a very casual observer so take my opinion for what it's worth. Check it out for yourself but you probably won't find many charts left online. Then, check out some sunspot/warming charts. They seem to be much more convincing and they're all over the internet, i.e. they haven't been pulled.

• Members

Actually, the more I think and read about it, the more I'm inclined to believe that we're not responsible for global warming. If you look at Gore's charts of temp/CO2, it looks pretty clear in most of the charts that temp leads CO2, i.e. temp playing a role in CO2 levels instead of the other way around. Sure, they fit together pretty nicely but but I think he's got the whole cause/effect thing reversed. I'm not scientist though, just a very casual observer so take my opinion for what it's worth. Check it out for yourself but you probably won't find many charts left online. Then, check out some sunspot/warming charts. They seem to be much more convincing and they're all over the internet, i.e. they haven't been pulled.

As the earth warms, more animals pant. Excess animal panting leads to more CO2 in the atmosphere. Your idea is now proven!

• Members

Not to change the subject, but that's a nice looking avatar you have there, Emprov. Paint the guy's face yellow and he could have been the inspiration for Bert of the Bert and Ernie duo on Sesame Street.

:D

If I had time I'd Photoshop it. :thu:

• Moderators

Immaterial to the discussion, which was about a vast, worldwide conspiracy of scientists actively suppressing the truth.

• Members

Immaterial to the discussion, which was about a vast, worldwide conspiracy of scientists actively suppressing the truth.

Must've missed it. Well, to join an obviously dead discussion, I don't think that there's a conspiracy by scientists but I do think that there may be a lot of ignorance on the part of politicians and the media. Not exactly new information though.

• Members

Want to save the world, pull out your Catalytic converter!

Catalytic converters have proven to be reliable devices and have been successful in reducing noxious tailpipe emissions. However, they may have some adverse environmental impacts in use:

The requirement for a rich burn engine to run at the stoichiometric point means it uses more fuel than a "lean burn" engine running at a mixture of 20:1 or less. This increases the amount of fossil fuel consumed and the carbon dioxide emissions of the vehicle. However NOx control on lean burn engines is problematic at best, and many Lean Burn engine manufacturers are considering rich burn variations. Another solution is to increase the amount of biofuels used - if 100% biofuel was used the engines would be CO2 neutral.

Catalytic converters are "estimated" to account for 50% of total nitrous oxide (dinitrogen oxide, 'laughing gas') emissions to atmosphere. While N2O emissions in these concentrations are not harmful to human health, it is a potent greenhouse gas, accounting for around 7% of the overall greenhouse effect despite its small concentration in the atmosphere.

• Moderators

Must've missed it. Well, to join an obviously dead discussion, I don't think that there's a conspiracy by scientists but I do think that there may be a lot of ignorance on the part of politicians and the media. Not exactly new information though.

Nope, no news there.

• Members

The issue with tap water is flouride. No matter what anyone tells you, it is a poison. It will help prevent cavities but it will kill you later on. Search the internet and you will find the truth. The best thing you can do is get spring water in 5 gallon reusable containers from a reliable source. In case you dont know it yet, the government in the US could give 2 sheets about our health. Is it really safe to put flouride in water?

http://www.noreenshealthdiner.com/flouride.html

Oh yeah, and you should not use toothpaste with flouride either.

It may sound extreme but do the research.

The more I think about this, the more I realize that you may be on to something here.

While you're not drinking tap water because it has fluoride in it, make sure you do the following as well:

Don't ever get an X-Ray, since it's radiation.

Don't ever get cancer and need chemo.

In fact, make sure that you don't even step outside, since there's radiation coming off of that big ol' sun in the sky.

You're also gonna wanna make sure you stop drinking diet soda, since Nutrasweet causes cancer in lab animals.

And you're probably not going to want to drink water at all anymore, since drinking too much of it is a poison as well.:idea:

Let's see.....don't use any antibiotics, don't get a flu shot, hell, don't get any vaccinations, since they have to put that nasty stuff in you in the first place.

Don't masturbate, since it causes prostate cancer. Don't have sex for the same reason. Don't use a condom, because you get more susceptible to latex allergies everytime latex touches your skin.

Stay away from power generators, don't take photocopies of your butt at work.

Don't drink milk.

Don't sit for too long, it causes back problems. Don't stand for too long, either. Same reason. Don't walk. Especially don't run, it will destroy your ankles.

Make sure you don't wear a parka when it rains, because the chemicals will run from the water and soak into your skin. This also applies to drinking from plastic cups, using plastic utensils, and having anything plastic used on you in an emergency or surgical situation.

There. You should be all set.

Archived