Bottled vs. Tap Water

Thunderbroom

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn, I keep trying to get my wife down below 2 bags, and its just us. Do you compost?

LOL, I should go outside and take a pic of my compost pile. I'm in the middle of redoing our back yard, (arguing with the power company has held me up for the last 4 months), and I brought in quite a bit of compost. That, added to what I produce has made a pile about 4 feet tall and 8 feet across. BTW, I've already tilled in what I've needed -- this is all left over. :D

• Members

The issue with tap water is flouride. No matter what anyone tells you, it is a poison. It will help prevent cavities but it will kill you later on. Search the internet and you will find the truth. The best thing you can do is get spring water in 5 gallon reusable containers from a reliable source. In case you dont know it yet, the government in the US could give 2 sheets about our health. Is it really safe to put flouride in water?

http://www.noreenshealthdiner.com/flouride.html

Oh yeah, and you should not use toothpaste with flouride either.
:eek:

It may sound extreme but do the research.

dr_strangelove.jpg

My bodily fluids are at risk!:blah:

• Members

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

On no account will a Commie ever drink water, and not without good reason.

• Members

I could bottle the water from out of my tap and make a killing from it - round here is pretty good stuff :thu:

EDIT: even the snobby people in my snobby wee town would probably buy it just because it is bottled. Just with a wee bit of marketing and entrepenerial flare ;)

• Members

The issue with tap water is flouride. No matter what anyone tells you, it is a poison. It will help prevent cavities but it will kill you later on. Search the internet and you will find the truth. The best thing you can do is get spring water in 5 gallon reusable containers from a reliable source. In case you dont know it yet, the government in the US could give 2 sheets about our health. Is it really safe to put flouride in water?

http://www.noreenshealthdiner.com/flouride.html

Oh yeah, and you should not use toothpaste with flouride either.
:eek:

It may sound extreme but do the research.

My wife is a dental hygenist. If she reads this she will hunt you down and kill you.

• Members

Anyone who lives in London will share with you the joys of our fair town's infamous tap water.

Scenario: wake up in the middle of the night, really really thristy. Go to the kitchen and fill a glass with London's pride, down it and feel your body convulse with the vile chemical aftertaste. Bottled is better in that case, although a filter would be ideal.

I visited Finland, and the tap water was like Evian. Wonderful.

• Members

Tap water is vigorously monitored by the EPA. Bottled is regulated (sort of) by the understaffed FDA. The EPA runs dozens of rigorous tests, as opposed to the handful required by the FDA.

I was wondering how long it would take a fluoride argument to develop...

• Members

LOL, I should go outside and take a pic of my compost pile. I'm in the middle of redoing our back yard, (arguing with the power company has held me up for the last 4 months), and I brought in quite a bit of compost. That, added to what I produce has made a pile about 4 feet tall and 8 feet across. BTW, I've already tilled in what I've needed -- this is all left over.
:D

When we buy our house I'm going to start a compost pile. I don't know how we (two of us) do it, but we go through a 30 gallon bag of trash every other day. And that's with recycling!

• Members

If it's so friggin' deadly, how's come we got so old folks still around? A lot of them still have their choppers, too.
:thu:

Never had a cavity and I've been drinking tap water all of my life. I LOVE it.

We did the bottled water thing for a while, but it was creating a lot of waste. I bought a Brita filter for my tap and I'm very happy with it.

• Members

When we buy our house I'm going to start a compost pile. I don't know how we (two of us) do it, but we go through a 30 gallon bag of trash every other day. And that's with recycling!

Where I come from, a compost pile means you're just too lazy to pick up after the yardwork! :mad:

• Members
Whether for health concerns, or for concerns of consent, or because their people are receiving fluoride through other means, some governments have ceased or decided not to start fluoridating their water. However, no country has discontinued or refused to adopt fluoridation simply because it was proven harmful in any way.

• Members

With both Flouride and Chlorine. It's a cumulative effect over time for those that are more genetically prone to such things which is why is everyone does not drop dead (like smoking or drinking).....who is to know who those people are...some may be people you know who had heart attacks/strokes/cancer in their 40's, 50's and 60's. I am not going to argue. The data is all over the place....I just grabbed the first article I could find.....Do what you want with it...or not...it's about awareness. :idea:

To test my theory, eat a giant cube of pool chlorine, or drink a big glass of flouride once a week for the rest of your life and see what happens Find out how good it is for your body :rolleyes:

I agree to disagree. With that, I bid farewell to this thread :wave::wave::wave:

Archived