"Sex is a very effective form of outreach and activism," said a PETA spokesman

Rowka

• Moderators
Are you agreeing with georgestrings' assertion that vegetarians are the only ones who bug others about their dietary choices, or are you just selectively picking out petty parts of my argument you can disagree with?

I don't see meat eaters going to schoolyards and passing out information to little children about how horrible it is to the cows that we milk them. In our ancestry we were given incisors to chew meat. If you and others choose to eat strictly greens and fruits, you're more than welcome. To suggest that all other people can be sustained healthy on the same diet is not right. Dependant upon family history different people have different requirements. There are also former vegetarians, who became ill from long-term vegetarianism and went back to a balanced diet. If it works for you, that's great, but don't deny the over-the-top militantism of PETA.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see meat eaters going to schoolyards and passing out information to little children about how horrible it is to the cows that we milk them. In our ancestry we were given incisors to chew meat. If you and others choose to eat strictly greens and fruits, you're more than welcome. To suggest that all other people can be sustained healthy on the same diet is not right. Dependant upon family history different people have different requirements. There are also former vegetarians, who became ill from long-term vegetarianism and went back to a balanced diet. If it works for you, that's great, but don't deny the over-the-top militantism of PETA.

I never denied that there were vegetarians out there who should shut the {censored} up. I'm just saying that when I interact with normal people who find out I'm a vegetarian (it comes up on its own more often than you might think) I run into people who tell me that we were given incisors to chew meat. Are you going to tell me that this doesn't happen?

• Members
I'm not judging but since cow farts are destroying our atmosphere, I'm eating them as fast as I can. Since vegetarians refuse to do their part, I have to assume they hate the planet.
:(

Eating cows encourages the cow raising companies to breed more cows. I'm sorry lug, but the truth is that I love the earth more than you.

• Members

I never denied that there were vegetarians out there who should shut the {censored} up. I'm just saying that when I interact with normal people who find out I'm a vegetarian (it comes up on its own more often than you might think) I run into people who tell me that we were given incisors to chew meat. Are you going to tell me that this doesn't happen?

So? We were given incisors to chew meat. Pointing out that fact and berating you for your dietary choices are 2 completely different things.

Personally, I don't give a {censored} who eats what. I only care about what I eat. If you don't want to eat meat.....cool. More steak and Bratwurst for me. )

• Members

So? We
were
given incisors to chew meat. Pointing out that fact and berating you for your dietary choices are 2 completely different things.

Personally, I don't give a {censored} who eats what. I only care about what I eat. If you don't want to eat meat.....cool. More steak and Bratwurst for me. )

Are you being intentionally obtuse. Forget it... this is pointless and you guys are dicks sometimes.

I'm making a very simple point that shouldn't be all that controversial. Big surprise: some meat eating folks don't know when to shut the {censored} up and butt out either.

• Members
Are you being intentionally obtuse. Forget it... this is pointless and you guys are dicks sometimes.

I'm making a very simple point that shouldn't be all that controversial. Big surprise: some meat eating folks don't know when to shut the {censored} up and butt out either.

Oh, so now I'm a dick just for pointing out that you're whining about someone mentioning we have canine teeth? Or is it for pointing out that that is not really insulting veggies, and simply stating a fact? Looks more like you're the one with your panties in a bunch. You're really making the point about some vegans/vegitarians being assholes though and not knowing when to shut the {censored} up.. Congrats. :thu:

• Members

I wouldn't be so sure. A lot of PETA's actual agenda revolves around getting Jack in the Box to inspect suppliers and ensure that debeaked chickens are only 3 to a cage. Eventually Jack in the Box may comply to this rather empty gesture for the sake of PR, and PETA declares "victory."

Really, that doesn't have all that much to do with vegetarianism at all, imho.

Damn, I even used the ;).

I live in PETA's hometown, I know exactly how {censored}ed up those clowns are.

It's not about animals or vegetarianism, it's about making noise and money.

• Members
Are you agreeing with georgestrings' assertion that vegetarians are the only ones who bug others about their dietary choices, or are you just selectively picking out petty parts of my argument you can disagree with?

I'm actually doing neither.

And I'm not sure how fully half of your post qualifies as "a petty part of your argument"...

You said only two things:

1. That non-vegetarians berate you in real life.
2. "Plenty" of threads have asked for veggie recipes and those threads "usually" turn into debates on the merits of vegetarianism.

Your first point isn't something I can possible know about and thus I didn't say a darn thing about it...

Your second point is demonstrably false, at least for the last year.

And actually, seeing as that point is the only part of your post that has any relevance to me (since I neither know about nor can evaluate what goes on in your life), not only is it not "petty", it's by far the more significant point in that post. (at least as significant as any post on the topic can be ;))

• Members

I know vegetarians that have cats.

Guess what they feed the cats?:idea:

Chicken, beef, lamb, fish, .....:mad:

"Oh but that's different.":freak:

If its wrong to kill an animal for your food, it's even more wrong to kill an animal to feed another animal.:blah:

Hypocrites!

• Members
Eating cows encourages the cow raising companies to breed more cows. I'm sorry lug, but the truth is that I love the earth more than you.

It's a different kind of love. I don't love it in a "hump a hole in the earth" kind of way you do. I love it in a sisterly type way and I don't mean an Arkansas type sister, either. :mad:

• Members

So? We
were
given incisors to chew meat. Pointing out that fact and berating you for your dietary choices are 2 completely different things.

couldn't agree more

Archived