Prunedale Cable Summit.....

tats_dragon

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep...he still hasn't proved that
he
can tell the difference between his $180 cables and a $20 cable.

He never retracted his statement, that I'm aware of, in which he implied that I was a thief. He got his cables back and never said thank you.

Why would he? All you did was bash his {censored} and say it wasn't a good product. God you're such an asshole, seriously :mad:

:D

• Members

I just spoke with Rob on the phone. Looks like it will happen sometime Sunday afternoon on the 2nd.

Jun

For folks who are interested, I'm bringing along a monster cable, a spectraflex fatsoflex, and a whirlwind leader cable. May not use all of them, but I'll have em.

We'll start under optimal conditionals for Jun, with him playing (so he knows what he's listening for) and if he really beats the odds with himself playing, we'll switch to some tests with me (or someone else if there are other folks around) playing. See if having an unknown guitarist with rusty chops changes anything :D

I'm hoping to do at least 50 a/b's total, which shouldn't take too long, and if his accuracy isn't established by that point (i.e., if he's riding the edge of standard deviation) we can do some more until it's clear.

Assuming he's got time, he'll also get the free lunch that Lava seemed so disinterested in accepting :D

I was going to try to get a video recorder from a friend, but couldn't find anyone who had one. That was simply because it was mentioned earlier, I don't think it's necessary here. Jun isn't making a professional claim, he didn't go around insulting folks, and he's not making a really blanket claim either; I'm not worried about him "he said/he said"ing me if it doesn't turn out like he expects (and his claim was really limited as well, he could hear the difference with his one set of cables, not that anyone else could, and not that he could hear the difference with all cables).

• Members

I hope you're joking, because that's a complete misrepresentation of what T-Broom has said.

The big space and then the :D smiley generally indicate a facetious comment...

Dumbass :rolleyes:

• Members

Yep, the origin of this was in another thread. (I just didn't notice the beginning of this one because I've been traveling so much the last month or so
)

When Jun said he could tell the difference between his eminence cables and others, I asked him if he'd be willing to demonstrate (assuming someone could come to him), and unlike certain other folks, he said yes...Turned out I was the closest (being in LA and him being south of SF).

For folks who are interested, I'm bringing along a monster cable, a spectraflex fatsoflex, and a whirlwind leader cable. May not use all of them, but I'll have em.

We'll start under optimal conditionals for Jun, with him playing (so he knows what he's listening for) and if he really beats the odds with himself playing, we'll switch to some tests with me (or someone else if there are other folks around) playing. See if having an unknown guitarist with rusty chops changes anything

I'm hoping to do at least 50 a/b's total, which shouldn't take too long, and if his accuracy isn't established by that point (i.e., if he's riding the edge of standard deviation) we can do some more until it's clear.

Assuming he's got time, he'll also get the free lunch that Lava seemed so disinterested in accepting

I was going to try to get a video recorder from a friend, but couldn't find anyone who had one. That was simply because it was mentioned earlier, I don't think it's necessary here. Jun isn't making a professional claim, he didn't go around insulting folks, and he's not making a really blanket claim either; I'm not worried about him "he said/he said"ing me if it doesn't turn out like he expects (and his claim was really limited as well, he could hear the difference with his one set of cables, not that anyone else could, and not that he could hear the difference with all cables).

Actually my contention IS that most people will hear the difference.

I wouldn't mind starting out the test with me playing behind the Legacy half stack with the head turned towards me (to ensure the double blind), with KK and my buddy JC as the test subjects.

OR

We can start with KK behind the half stack with JC and myself as subjects.

OR

JC behind the stack with KK and myself as subjects.

KK, all we would need from you on guitar is a 5 second A, D and E chords, with a little distortion.

We just need a few pieces of paper to write down our results? Or should we just blurt them out as the test is conducted?

Jun

• Members

I am the web's number #1 source for guitar cables - go Google "Guitar Cable" or any search term with those words in it....

Ah, see, the truth has been revealed. It is all so clear now. LavaMan is the web's #1 source for guitar cables. I just did a Google search for "bass guitar cables" and Lava cables don't show up anywhere in the first 5 pages. So obviously, using a bass to perform the original analysis is the reason no one could heear the difference.

:rolleyes:

Archived