Prunedale Cable Summit.....

tats_dragon

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Actually what detracts from LavaMan is his ... he isn't willing to back his claim up that any dufus can hear the difference. If that's the case, then there shouldn't be a problem having witnesses from Chicago or VA watch him identify a clear and audible difference over and over again.

Exactly. LavaMan also forgets that in the original test, a few of the guys there (like T. Alan) expected to find a difference. In other words, some of them were biased in favor of LavaMan's cables.

Anyway, this is the same debate the rages on in the Hi-Fi community. There are folks who swear that they can hear a massive difference ("as if a blanket were lifted off the speakers") when they've added some exotic interconnect, fluid-filled component damper, rare earth magnet, piece of Kryptonite, etc. to their stereo system. Every once in a while you come across threads where double-blind listening has taken place. 99%of the time, no one notices a difference. Then the guys who spent $1200 on speaker cable (and, of course, the folks who were only too happy to sell it to them) start getting defensive and calling everyone names.

The bottom line is, if you're the guy making outrageous claims, then the burden of proof is on YOU to show a difference...not on US to detect it.

If I told you the Earth was flat, it would be my job to prove that it is...not your job to prove that it isn't.

Emre

• Members

If you need to go to such extremes to identify a difference amongst the various cables, wouldn't that suggest that the difference is rather minuscule?

Do you need a double-blind test to hear the differences between, say, a Seymour Duncan P-bass pickup and a DiMarzio P-bass pickup? Or stock wiring in a Squier Jazz
vs
. upgraded CTS/Switchcraft wiring? I sure don't.

If we have to go to such extremes to detect a difference, then how can you claim that any moron can hear the night-and-day difference and that anyone who fails to do so must have tin ears?

Exactly. LavaMan also forgets that in the original test, a few of the guys there (like T. Alan)
expected to
find
a difference
. In other words, some of them were biased
in favor of
LavaMan's cables.

Anyway, this is the same debate the rages on in the Hi-Fi community. There are folks who swear that they can hear a massive difference ("as if a blanket was lifted off their speakers") when they've added some exotic interconnect, fluid-filled component damper, rare earth magnet, piece of Kryptonite, etc. to their stereo system. Every once in a while you come across threads where double-blind listening has taken place. 99%of the time, so one notices a difference. Then the guys who spent $1200 on speaker cable (and, of course, the folks who were only too happy to sell it to them) start getting defensive and calling everyone names.

The bottom line is, if you're the guy making outrageous claims, then the burden of proof is on YOU to show a difference...not on US to detect it.

If I told you the Earth was flat, it would be my job to prove that it is...not your job to prove that it isn't.

Emre

clap.gif

• Members

Wow!

A guy runs a cable shop from his garage with his babysitter making the cables and he gets press like that here?!?

:eek:

I am the web's number #1 source for guitar cables - go Google "Guitar Cable" or any search term with those words in it....

My cables are also carried by Musicians Friend as well as numerous other dealers...

• Members

The facts are the facts...

I'll bet you that you aren't even in the top 10 in instrument cable manufacturers. No, I KNOW you aren't. How much do you care to wager?

Your website coming up as #1 can be accomplished in many ways. I've been a computer programmer and web designer for years, so your silly little scheme doesn't work on me. I give you kudos for being sly though, very good marketing ploy. You may not have the best grammar, but you certainly have an interesting marketing strategy between your forum memberships and metadata trickery.

Having said that... You may go away now :p

• Members

I'll bet you that you aren't even in the top 10 in instrument cable manufacturers. No, I KNOW you aren't. How much do you care to wager?

Your website coming up as #1 can be accomplished in many ways. I've been a computer programmer and web designer for years, so your silly little scheme doesn't work on me. I give you kudos for being sly though, very good marketing ploy. You may not have the best grammar, but you certainly have an interesting marketing strategy between your forum memberships and metadata trickery.

Having said that... You may go away now
:p

Kind of hard to do when I am number #1:thu:

You have no clue how I have obtained my web ranking so please don't make weak assumptions...

Archived