Prunedale Cable Summit.....

tats_dragon

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is basically the same as plugging a cable in the efx loop to hear the differences. Just keeps the playing constant. May be too much hassle.

I propose:

test no.1 - change the guitar to amp cable

test no.2 - plug the same cables in the efx loop

test no.3 - change out speaker cable

test no.4 - combine 1 and 3

Each test should be done with a high gain sound and clean.

I think we shoudl just keep it to cheapo and Evidence Audio, unless most of you want a third cable.

Just to be clear, double blind means we never reveal the cable 'til the end?

Jun

• Members

:p

Physics and every scientific test on point supports our findings.

Actually they show just the opposite - you need to talk to KK and about the math Steve Lampen at Belden cable provided for him.

In fact, I challenge you to show me a true double blind or blind scentific test on instrument cables that supports your findings - this would include a white paper as well as audio or video...

• Moderators

Lava, you ever hear of taking the high road? let it go.

every time you post, you're looking worse and worse.

like a petulant child who has to have the last word in the argument.

Actually what detracts from LavaMan is his willingness to have others do his dirty work for him. My guess is that -

1) he doesn't understand why, when or how an actual difference in cable can make an audible difference.

2) he isn't willing to back his claim up that any dufus can hear the difference. If that's the case, then there shouldn't be a problem having witnesses from Chicago or VA watch him identify a clear and audible difference over and over again.

• Members

actually, i don't care if he takes a blind cable test or not. i can fully understand the good reasons for him not taking the test.

i do feel he doesn't really have a grasp on the technical side of things. all the scientific fact he's posted appears to have been cut and pasted from elsewhere. the facts in opposition are in the posters own words. and he won't acknowledge their expertise. almost quite the opposite.

i just don't get why he doesn't just say he makes a superior cable, he backs up his product, and he has many satisfied customers. he's gotten himself into this slagging match, and he won't let it go.

• Moderators
actually, i don't care if he takes a blind cable test or not. i can fully understand the good reasons for him not taking the test.

There were good reasons not to do so until his first post in the cable testing thread. At that point he crossed the line. He has made a claim and yet won't back it up with his own ears. That goes toward credibility, which any good vendor should want.

• Members

Actually what detracts from LavaMan is his willingness to have others do his dirty work for him. My guess is that -

1) he doesn't understand why, when or how an actual difference in cable can make an audible difference.

2) he isn't willing to back his claim up that any dufus can hear the difference. If that's the case, then there shouldn't be a problem having witnesses from Chicago or VA watch him identify a clear and audible difference over and over again.

I'm not doing any 'dirty work' for Lavaman by the way. I'm doing this because I love these cables so much, I will not gig without Evidence Audio.

After my recent impromptu cable blind test with my buddy JC, I'm 100% confident about Test No.1. The tests 2-4 which I proposed, I have not conducted and do not know the results. It's just for info gathering.

Since I am new to the Bass Forum I do want to ask if King Kashue is respected enough here that whatever he reports about test no. 1, swapping guitar to amp cable, ...... most of you will believe?

Jun

• Members

Here's a product demo using a Sadowsky Vintage 5 string bass plugged into an Avalon U5 preamplifier.

Let me know what you guys think:

King Kashue are you around? I would love to nail down a date for the testing.

Jun

Honestly A cannot tell any audiable difference between those four clips.

• Moderators
I'm not doing any 'dirty work' for Lavaman by the way. . . . .Since I am new to the Bass Forum I do want to ask if King Kashue is respected enough here that whatever he reports about test no. 1, swapping guitar to amp cable, ...... most of you will believe?

No. You're actually stepping up to the plate and I hope that regardless of what happens with the testing you remain a contributor within this forum. As far as Kashue, he's a meticulous enough dude, that if he witnesses you identifying cables in a proper test, I'd believe you can hear a difference. For the record you replied to a post of mine where I recognized that I heard differences between a tweed Fender cable and George L's from a Gibson Les Paul into a Vox AC15. I saw the cable changes though, so I'm not willing to go out on a limb and suggest my imagination didn't fool me. However, it would be interesting if you did this test with guitar to guitar amp as well as bass to bass amp. If you heard the difference with the guitar signal, but not with the bass signal, this may show evidence of several different positions taken in these threads as correct.

• Members

No. You're actually stepping up to the plate and I hope that regardless of what happens with the testing you remain a contributor within this forum. As far as Kashue, he's a meticulous enough dude, that if he witnesses you identifying cables in a proper test, I'd believe you can hear a difference. For the record you replied to a post of mine where I recognized that I heard differences between a tweed Fender cable and George L's from a Gibson Les Paul into a Vox AC15. I saw the cable changes though, so I'm not willing to go out on a limb and suggest my imagination didn't fool me. However, it would be interesting if you did this test with guitar to guitar amp as well as bass to bass amp. If you heard the difference with the guitar signal, but not with the bass signal, this may show evidence of several different positions taken in these threads as correct.

If King Kashue is willing to bring his bass rig I would be happy to include the bass to bass amp test. Although my original contention is that when the rest of the signal chain is upgraded, the differences are easier to hear.

As I mentioned earlier, the differences were very easy to detect on high gain settings opposed to the clean channel.

Jun

Archived