How do you feel about death metal?

BEAD

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah because they animated the music
:rolleyes:

Worst argument ever. Just because it was on a cartoon doesn't mean the cd doesn't kickass. The bands listed in the OP {censored}ing suck; and I'm a huge metal head. Death/thrash just isn't my thing.

I'd have said Brendon Small being as he is the guy who does it all anyway

aI3l8j6vvec

this is quality metal

• CMS Author

You must be thinking of black metal. I don't remember the last time I saw a death metal band with any kind of theatrics.

I don't mean in the classical/literal sense...just used theater for lack of a better term. Hell even the band names (actually all metal band names) are funny to me....all trying to be more dead or something. And for that matter, the concept of all the sub-genres....'no dude, that's Swedish Gore Metal'. Heeheeeee..........:thu:

• Members

The Berzerker? Dethklok?

Dethklok? that show is freakin' awesome.

I used to only listen to Death Metal, but found that I prefer no the more melodic form of metal. I have to be in a certain mood to listen to Death metal anymore.

My favs would be Morbid Angel, Decapitated, Suffocation, Crypstopsy, Behemoth, Malevolent Creation, Necrophagist, to name a few.

• Members

Just to clear stuff up:

Black metal is where people dress up silly and wear facepaint and get all psuedo-gothy and theatrical and stuff. I like that too :D

Death metal bands are usually the complete opposite, usually with no theatrics or real stage show of any sort and dressed in totally everyday clothes. Look at FreestyleIntruder's second video to see a classic example.

Just because there's 'screaming' vocals, doesn't make it death metal ;)

And yeah, I totally understand people not digging it. It's harsh, brutal and ugly. Those are the reasons I do like it however :D

• Members

Im very picky, I like bands like Necrophagist, :opeth with more of a tech/prog sound. As far as straight ahead death metal, it must have SOME melodic attributes.

As for straight ahead death metal, AKA Nile and or Diecide (who which you cant count on 90% of the time the songs about hailing satan :D) And even Satan satan satan gets old after a while, i mean {censored}, i dont even believe in the guy.

Thats what i like about Nile, they write about ancient Egypt and its mythology, and thats cool to me. Its not just Satan satan satan , or bloody cum death corpse fiesta.

And If the guys just ranting about slaughtering virgins with goathorns while sodomizing them with spears EVERY SINGLE SONG, thats cool and TeH Bro0Talz, but why should i care, its not really that cool. Unless their exceptional musicians.

• Members

I'm not a huge death metal fan, but I love Morbid Angel. It's gotta be David Vincent on bass/vocals from me though - the other guy was okay but Vincent is the man. I'm glad he rejoined the band recently. My favorite album by them is "Blessed Are The Sick" but my favorite song (God of Emptiness) is off a different record. A lot of death metal players are immensely skilled, especially the drummers.

Archived