How do you feel about death metal?

BEAD

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I play it, but there are very few bands who's CDs I can actually sit and listen to all the way through. Heartwork by Carcass is one of the few examples I can think of. Though I do have specific songs by specific bands that I love. My current favorite is the live version of Where The Slime Lives by Morbid Angel

[YOUTUBE]mp1TmPo35yM[/YOUTUBE]

I think Vincent's voice is just unreal, and effortless. Stuff like Phobophile by Cryptopsy is awesome. I can listen to a lot of of Morbid Angel... Dawn of the Angry, God of Emptiness, World of {censored} and a lot of their older stuff.

I can appreciate stuff like Hate Eternal, and I am a big fan of Longstreth's playing in Origin (Fun fact: He actually sent me a couple E-mails looking for advice on how to play heel-toe to get up to speed on the new album. I felt a little unqualified to answer) but I get bored with the straight blasting. Though some of Dying Fetus' stuff is friggin massive. Vengeance Unleashed? {censored} that song is massive. The break down in the middle is one of the heaviest pieces of music ever... mostly due to the surrounding music, I think.

I will say that I have played with a lot of Bands, Six Feet Under, Cryptopsy, Cattle Decapitation, Misery Index, Internal Bleeding... and with the exception of Cattle Decapitation, who I think play horrible music despite being nice guys, they were all awesome live.

• Members

I listen to some; mainly In Flames and Nile etc. Never really enjoyed Cannibal Corpse much (not widely regarded as Death Metal anyway).

Not widely regarded as death metal? Where have I been? I only thought they were virtual legends in the death metal community...

• Members

I dunno, every time I think of the phrase 'death metal' I think of Butchered At Birth...

Hate Eternal and Cryptopsy are awsome too.

And Akercocke, brilliant stuff.

I thought that any time anyone said the words "death metal" that one of the first bands to pop into people's minds was Cannibal Corpse.

• Members

I don't "get it". Too much screaming, too many blastbeats, too much contrived 'anger', too many skulls and kvlt gothy cliches going on....not really my thing. But if you like it, awesome. I'm sure the music I like is full of cliches that I find easier to deal with anyway.

• Members

I love it, I don't listen to as much of it as I used to. Still some now and again. My brother is BIG into Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel, among others. He's met them a few times too and has lots of rare stuff and signed stuff. He's kinda gone off on a jazz metal trip lately though. Some of that {censored} is wacked out but really cool.

He posts on HC, but mainly just in the amp forum. :)

Oh yeah, Devoured by Vermin is my favourite CC song :evil:

• Members

Not my thing. Musically, I can stomach it in short spurts as long as there are no 'growly, cookie monster' vocals! My personal taste is danceable, melodically based music in the vein of funk, r&b, soul, pop, disco, latin/caribbean/reggae and world music.

• Members

no and Dethklok isnt even real FFS. Black metal is better anyhow

Yeah because they animated the music :rolleyes:

Worst argument ever. Just because it was on a cartoon doesn't mean the cd doesn't kickass. The bands listed in the OP {censored}ing suck; and I'm a huge metal head. Death/thrash just isn't my thing.

Archived