of all the luck...

venturawest

• Members

thanks everyone for the well-wishes. yes, i was on the bike, so i'm very fortunate (ATGATT, for sure).

i just got back from seeing the orthopaedic surgeon, whose office is next door to mine. he's recommending that i have the clavicle repaired because i'm healthy and very athletic. i'm mulling it over, but the idea of having elective surgery scares the crap out of me. :eek:

so i f you don't hear from me for a few days, it means i had surgery tomorrow. yoinks.

• Members

ugh. saturday night i got hit by a car. now i'm walking around with a broken collarbone and 3 fractured ribs. it means no doing surgery, no exercising and no sex for a few weeks. i'm so frustrated right now i can't stand it. oh well.
:mad:

That will heal. Even my mother in an assisted living place had her collar bone heal in about 6 weeks.

• Members

Well, I talked to the doc tonight and he did go through with the surgery and is doing quite well...with all the painkilling meds they gave him. Yeah, "painkillers" my ass! :thu:

Anyway, they inserted a four inch pin into his....hey! My uncle had that same surgery. But, c'mon doc, only a four inch pin? :poke:

He should be posting here in a few days. Keep the good thoughts flowing toward the southeast.

• Members

thank you all for your support, and especially to ezstep who called me not once but a few times to check up on me. i had surgery last thursday, and i am doing remarkably well - i only missed thursday at work for the surgery, and rested friday. by last night i was able to do a four hour emergency airway reconstruction in a young man who crushed his trachea in a car wreck (again, to prove my point - no matter how bad you have it, someone else has it worse!)

anyway, i'm doing great; back at full-tilt at work, and the shoulder feels better every day.

however, for the record - i had a SEVEN inch metal implant inserted into my...uhhh....collarbone. :poke:

• Members

thank you all for your support, and especially to ezstep who called me not once but a few times to check up on me. i had surgery last thursday, and i am doing remarkably well - i only missed thursday at work for the surgery, and rested friday. by last night i was able to do a four hour emergency airway reconstruction in a young man who crushed his trachea in a car wreck (again, to prove my point - no matter how bad you have it, someone else has it worse!)

anyway, i'm doing great; back at full-tilt at work, and the shoulder feels better every day.

however, for the record - i had a SEVEN inch metal implant inserted into my...uhhh....collarbone. :poke:

200px-MetalUpYourAss.jpg

Metal up your neck? :confused::lol:

Glad to hear you're doing better now man! :thu:

• Members

I'd rather not break anything, but ribs {censored}ing hurt. Good luck on your recovery.

+100000000 on ribs {censored}ing hurting.

I got tossed over the handlebars of a mountain bike and cracked two ribs. I couldn't even roll out of the street, much less sit/stand up. When I told the doc how much it hurt (even after the Demerol) he said "think it hurts now? Just wait 3 days".

Ever since I just laugh at any movie where the good guy gets kicked in the ribs (etc.) then promptly gets up and beats the snot out of his attacker.

yea.. right....

Anyway, I doubt you're gonna be reading this right about now (probably wondering if it's just easier to piss the bed instead of trying to get up) but good luck & hang in there... the pain will finally go away in about 6 months.

Archived