this is going to be HUGE! (OT)

venturawest

• Members

These are the things that really break the backs of americas voters. You want to elect someone who is in office to truly try to make our lifes better. Family values should be held to a very high standard for elected officials.Yes they are human with human desires but he did make a vow to his wife to be hers and hers only "til death do they part" :blah: :blah: :blah:. I know there are politicians who are trying to make a difference , and Spitzer might be one of those in one form or another , but it is so hard to put any trust or faith in our political system when so many of these politcians seem like they only care about money,sex,drugs,themselves....you know the finer things in life.Oh well, life goes on in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

actually, family values dont have any place in government. Government policy should not be defined as moral or immoral in the first place.

it should uphold and defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights of the nation. :cop:

The insertion of so called "family values", meaning Christian values, into government, make us no better than the Taliban. They seek sharia law, we have many who would govern the nation according to the bible. One is no better than the other.

Religion belongs in CHURCHES where it may be applied properly. :mad:

• Members
actually, family values dont have any place in government. Government policy should not be defined as moral or immoral in the first place.

it should uphold and defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights of the nation.
:cop:

The insertion of so called "family values", meaning Christian values, into government, make us no better than the Taliban. They seek sharia law, we have many who would govern the nation according to the bible. One is no better than the other.

Religion belongs in CHURCHES where it may be applied properly.
:mad:

I never said "religion". But we are a society and we hold certain things to be socially acceptable or not. Since we cannot vote in robots to run our government we need a form of accepted structure and "rules" that our elected officials should follow.Since we are a majority of "familys" with "values" in this nation we expect our elected "decision makers" to uphold the same things that we would if we held the position. If we were a nation with a majority of criminals we wouldn't mind criminal government.

• Members

hahahahahahahahahahaha

pwned

Kinda fed up how these politicians wives still follow them to the soapbox and "support" thier husbands.They should let them face the music alone and turn thier backs on them.Hopefully she at least kicks him in da nutbag. What a role model.

• Members

Anyone who still expects politicians to be role models is incredibly naive. Anyone who expects their wives to give up a life or luxury and privelege is also fooling themselves.

Not that I don't agree with the sentiment, but that's just not the way it is.

• Members
Anyone who still expects politicians to be role models is incredibly naive. Anyone who expects their wives to give up a life or luxury and privelege is also fooling themselves.

Not that I don't agree with the sentiment, but that's just not the way it is.

You are right.But do we accept these things for what they are and let them continue to decline further or do we put our foot down and let the politicians at least know what we expect? The pilgrims eventually became revolutionaries.

I hate talking politics because it seems that no ground is gained for either opinion......so now I will become a hypocrite and shut my mouth and post in other threads that are On Topic.:wave:

• Members
You are right.But do we accept these things for what they are and let them continue to decline further or do we put our foot down and let the politicians at least know what we expect? The pilgrims eventually became revolutionaries.

I hate talking politics because it seems that no ground is gained for either opinion......so now I will become a hypocrite and shut my mouth and post in other threads that are On Topic.
:wave:

We shoot them all and start over. ;)

• Members

Nothing makes me happier than to see an asshole, slimy, lawyer/politician go down in front of his wife, kids, the state, the world. :thu:

I love it when hypocrisy is exposed; especially with the likes of the spitzman and any of his other slime lawyer buddies. From either party. :thu:

He made my day. ;)

Makes me proud to be a New Yorker who voted with my feet like so many others before me.

• Members

Most people know without reading in the bible that killing someone just for fun is not a moral action. They dont need government to tell them this.

The structure and rules we follow are not to be found in any bible.

.....the Constitution and Bill of Rights of the nation.:poke:

In any event, the whole family values thing has been sort of a rotten failure, hasn't it? Does anyone actually believe the US is a more moral country because of the misapplication of religion into every facet of American life?

How so? It is now official US policy to ship off and torture "enemy combatants". We used to condemn Saddam Hussein for doing the same thing. How did America become a more virtuous nation by adopting the tactics of those we claimed were evil?

• Members

Seriously. It wouldn't surprise me to find out she was in on it, too.

But hey, I gotta hand it to the guy, for using his position of power to eradicate his competition in the pimpin' biz. Pimps worldwide are now considering a run for office.:D
C7

• Members

Why dont these guys just lay the pipe to their wives? Seriously, she doesn't look bad.:confused:

Oh and it amazes me about how people think Hillary has the experience needed to be President. Being the wife of a president doesn't give you any more experience...it means you were a wife...and a bad one at that judging by the blowjob fiasco.

Dan

• Members
Hahahahahaaa!!!! - and you voted for that idiot - how smart does that make you???

Let's see - the Bruno travel fiasco, the illegal immgrant driver's license thing, and now this - in well under a year...

Spitzer won overwhelmingly - what was I saying on an earlier thread about the "intelligence" of a majority of NY voters???

- georgestrings

I begged people not to Vote for this asshole.

I knew he was a dick but really didnt thing he was this stupid...

if he resigns this is our new Gov....

DavidPatterson.jpg

not the most intelligent looking fellow is he?

LOL

• Members
I begged people not to Vote for this asshole.

I knew he was a dick but really didnt thing he was this stupid...

if he resigns this is our new Gov....

DavidPatterson.jpg

not the most intelligent looking fellow is he?

LOL

Yeah, he definitely looks like he rode the short bus to school...

I almost forgot another part of Spitzer's "legacy" - taxing internet purchases... I did mention how stupid the typical NY voter is, right???

- georgestrings

• Members

Yeah, he definitely looks like he rode the short bus to school...

I almost forgot another part of Spitzer's "legacy" - taxing internet purchases... I did mention how stupid the typical NY voter is, right???

- georgestrings

lets not forget shutting down the Indian reservation cigarette sales. threatening purchasers back city sales taxes...

• Members

This is bullcrap.

It's nothing but a witch hunt to get Governor Spitzer. This is a private matter and should be dealt with as such. Besides, lots of people do what he did. It's not that big of a deal.

• Members

This is bullcrap.

It's nothing but a witch hunt to get Governor Spitzer. This is a
private matter
and should be dealt with as such. Besides, lots of people do what he did. It's not that big of a deal.

Prostitution being illegal may be bull crap, however it is the law.

And the governor of a state (and former Attorney General) breaking the law is a public matter...

• Members

This is bullcrap.

private matter
and should be dealt with as such. Besides, lots of people do what he did. It's not that big of a deal.

Bull{censored} - as the state's Attourney General, Spitzer sent quite a few people to jail for the very same thing... Do you honestly believe that he deserves different treatment and accountability than what he's given to others???

- georgestrings

• Members
This is bullcrap.

private matter

If he was simply banging a hooker I'd tend to agree, but this dude is running game. I admire him for using his position to wipe out his competition, that's wholly American, but he could have picked a more wholesome enterprise to exploit his power on, you know?:D
C7

Archived