3NBW: Three New Bass Week

Phantasm

• Members

I don't know how these things happen. I didn't set out to buy three new basses and an iPhone last week - but never say never, I guess.

Here they are in order of acquisition, from L-R:

DSC_0003.jpg

EBMM Bongo HH, G&L L2000 Limited Edition, Lakland 4-94

All three sound great, but I am considering reselling the Lakland because I already have one and Mastercard is going to need a really large check next month!

• Members

Wow, that is one hell of a NBW.
:thu:

Can I have your job, btw?
;)

Some days, I would say YES. :)

All three were used and it's an exceptionally good time to be buying gear over $500 thanks to the recession that we're not supposed to be having.

I sold two items I wasn't using at all plus had cash saved in the "gear fund" to buy the first two. The Lakland just was too good a deal to pass up, and that good fortune will likely be passed on to someone else.

• Members

Thanks guys! The G&L is really awesome, it was a limited edition run with 23 made. I really wanted it more for the finish, but the electronics package was a nice and unexpected surprise.

The Bongo has the most versatile EQ by far.

What the bass on the left edge?

That's the Aria Pro II ASB-60 that I'm thinking about selling in my signature.

• Members

Ah, you got one of those blackburst L-2000's with the ebony fretboard, eh? Nice.
:)

There were only something like 26 of those made. Good score!
:thu:

23! It was supposed to be 22 but they made one extra. The one extra is actually for sale by its owner right now, I can PM his phone number if anyone is really interested.

• Members

23! It was supposed to be 22 but they made one extra. The one extra is actually for sale by its owner right now, I can PM his phone number if anyone is really interested.

Ah, that's right! Man, I wish it was in the budget for me, but for right now my sunburst/flame-maple L-2000 will have to suffice!

• Members

I understand!

The way I pay for all of my gear is gig money and expense checks from work. Generally a day in Baton Rouge is $75, a day in Lafayette is $125, and a trip to Lake Charles can end up being $300. Usually a gig for an original band here is $25-100 per man depending on the turnout.

It adds up quick when there's lots of work and it's the "silver lining" in having to drive all around the state. "Just a few more trips and I can buy that _____ that I've been looking at!"

Having a wife that is supportive of that helps a lot too!

Archived