OT: Drinking on the beach in Long Beach

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

It's been awhile, but the "state" beach side of Huntington Beach (not the city side) used to allow alcohol. I moved from SoCal in the mid 80's so I'm not sure anymore. We used to go to Newport for the waves and Huntington if we wanted to get sloshed.:thu: It's not that far from Long Beach, just a few miles south.

• Members

My first time being sexually harassed was at the beach in Long Beach. I had just got some new basketball shoes and they were super bright. I took a run down to the beach, and was chilling on this lifeguard tower when this creeeeppy dude walks up to me.

Creepy Dude - "You're shoes are beautiful"

Me- "Thanks?"

Creepy Dude - "Can I suck your dick?"

Me - "No thanks, that's alright."

Creepy Dude - "Pleeeaassseeeee!"

Me - "No no, I don't swing that way."

Creepy Dude - "Can I at least see it?"

Me - "Um, most definitely not."

He then sulked away, and I proceeded to jet off...

So, even if drinking were legal, watch out! Oh, and beach closes at 10PM.

• Members

:D

Hey FRFF, I saw in another thread that you custom-ordered a board. What kind of board? Where do you surf?

I used to surf at the Seal Beach jetty. Dang, that water is warm. Now I'm here in the Bay Area, hitting Santa Cruz when I can. I'm a longboarder. Just bought a 10' Pearson Arrow epoxy. I love it so far. Really light and strong.

Old guys rule!

EDIT: I ride longboard mostly because I'm 6'7" 260 lbs. Just a bit shorter (but heavier?) than you. :)

• Members

Hey FRFF, I saw in another thread that you custom-ordered a board. What kind of board? Where do you surf?

I used to surf at the Seal Beach jetty. Dang, that water is warm. Now I'm here in the Bay Area, hitting Santa Cruz when I can. I'm a longboarder. Just bought a 10' Pearson Arrow epoxy. I love it so far. Really light and strong.

Old guys rule!

EDIT: I ride longboard mostly because I'm 6'7" 260 lbs. Just a bit shorter (but heavier?) than you.
:)

:confused:

I don't surf! There is an impostor on this forum! I'd like to learn someday though, sometimes I just feel like you aren't a true Californian until you can surf.

On a side note, if we can find a good point guard we could have a rockin HCBF basketball team because between you, me, Incubibatus, and 1tallbassguy our average height is like 6'7".

Oh, and I weighed in at 187 yesterday, them lbs is comin on!

• Members
I used to surf at the Seal Beach jetty. Dang, that water is warm.
Now I'm here in the Bay Area, hitting Santa Cruz when I can. I'm a longboarder. Just bought a 10' Pearson Arrow epoxy. I love it so far. Really light and strong.

Old guys rule!

We called that place Ray Bay or The Peehole. :)

• Members

nah there is one , Hermosa bch I think that has " fire pits" it's all about the party at that beach

I know alcoholic bevs are permitted on San Diego Beaches, and prohibited on Newport Beach, but I am not sure about Long Beach (it's a pretty {censored}ty beach). In fact, the City of Long Beach's beach information web page is not behaving, but if you can get it to work, here is the link: http://www.longbeach.gov/park/facilities/beachlist.asp

The stretch of Huntington Beach that is north of the city and South of Seal Beach has fire pits and I assume booze is permitted there, otherwise, why have a fire at the beach? :idk:

Archived