Happy Saturnalia-Eve and Methos' birthday

solderjunkie

• Moderators
And likewise to you! Also I've invented a new holiday: Atheist Christmas. It's exactly like regular Christmas, but w/out all the Jesus crap.

:o

Since you seem to be a Kanye fanboi, I'm not sure why anyone would worry about what you think is "crap" and what isn't.

• Members

Since you seem to be a Kanye fanboi, I'm not sure why anyone would worry about what you think is "crap" and what isn't.

Geez, this kinda came out of left field; WTF does Kanye West have to do w/ anything? And I'm sorry if I offended your delicate Christian sensibilities, but I just think it would be ironically humorous to have a holiday called Atheist CHRISTmas. I'm not even an atheist.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

• Members

And likewise to you! Also I've invented a new holiday: Atheist Christmas. It's exactly like regular Christmas, but w/out all the Jesus crap.

:o

Atheistmas.... interesting concept. No Saint Nicholas, No Peace on Earth and Good will towards men, no little babies bringing hope to the planet. Being an atheist, you'd have to cut out the Jewish parts too, so no candles, no gift giving like as in Khannukah, no celebration of light, no coming together and enjoying family and respecting traditions. Being an Atheist, you'd have to cut out all the pagan traditions as well from Yuletide, so again, no lights, no tree, no food, no parties, no drink, no coming together to seek warmth and celebrate the lengthening of the days. Being an Atheist, you couldn't celebrate Ramadan. No self humility, no recognizing your faults from the last year and no attempt at self betterment. There are lots others of course, but I don't want to write a novel. Pretty much everybody celebrates this time of year someway. Soooo, I guess you could have a snowball fight with some strangers. Although, that does still fall under the jurisdiction of the pagan holiday of yuletide... um, you could go drinking... nope Yuletide again.... um, sit by yourself and watch tv! yup that's it. Atheistmas, the international day of sitting and watching tv. Whoo hoo enjoy! :wave:[/cheekymonkey]

ps I know you were joking. I am too.

• Members
Nope, I have no morals b/c I subscribe to no religion or spiritual belief. That's how it works you know; go read the 'Atheists...' thread.
:cop:

The Jesus crap as you put it would be love your neighbor thing. No religion. I think Christ himself couldn't care less if you worshiped Him as long as you treated people well. But if that offends you, then carry on with the non holiday.

• Members

I love how excluding Jesus automatically excludes good will toward men and the golden rule, partys, communal gatherings and all manner of other goodness.

Q. "What's for dinner?"

A. "Why do you hate America?"

There was mention of excluding the Jesus crap. I took that to mean all those other things as that is what I associate the celebration.

Why isn't Jesus welcome to His own party?

Archived