4 out of 10 Babies born to unwed mothers

Teletypist

• Members

What about 2 lesbians raising a child in a state that doesn't allow same sex marriages?

Well, worked fine for my sister-in-law. She's been in a monogamous lesbian relationship for 21 years now (or 22 years...I think). Their son, which my sister-in-law got pregnant through an anonymous doner, is now 18 years old and he's going to the University of Michigan next year.

Maybe if they had a man in their life he could have gone to Notre Dame. :mad:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Proof, no. Just evidence. Even once he comes out and tells the world, it will get denied, and there still won't be "proof". Just more evidence. :phil:

Can you prove it wasn't forced on them?
:D

"Bristol Palin engagement" is to catphish what "band" is to Thud.:lol:

• Members

There was a segregation inmate we used to have at work who has 15 kids by almost as many women. He was in his early 30's, and had been in and out of jail and prison since his teens. He still had almost ten years to go on a criminal sexual conduct charge if I recall. Thank goodness douchebags like him are outliers.

• Moderators
It wasn't done to make them look good, it was done so they wouldn't look bad.

Ay, I have no proof. Just 2 eyes, a brain, and some common sense.

It's "plausible," but they could still make sure the glove doesn't appear to fit. Without actual proof, it's nothing more than hearsay. If you read my post again closely, you'll see what I'm thinking. Something done to make someone look good versus something done so they don't look bad is really just splitting hairs in the grand scheme of things. HCBF is a no hairsplitting zone.:lol:

• Members
Well, worked fine for my sister-in-law. She's been in a monogamous lesbian relationship for 21 years now (or 22 years...I think). Their son, which my sister-in-law got pregnant through an anonymous doner, is now 18 years old and he's going to the University of Michigan next year.

Maybe if they had a man in their life he could have gone to Notre Dame.
:mad:

Raised by lesbians eh? I bet they corrupted him to like women too:mad:

• Members

Holy crap...

My mom wasn't married because the (I can't think of a strong enough word to express my dislike for this man) tried to make her have an amateur abortion, then tried to kill her when she wouldn't.

I've never met my father, and if I did I would likely choke the life out of him... then revive him and choke him again, then kill him:evil:

• Members

So...you can't prove it.
;)

I think the burden falls on the forumite making the original claim, or at least a source should be provided to the extremely good looking requester to at least partially support the original claim long before rebuttals from a third party are necessary. Hard to provide evidence of a non-event. But keep on dancing, dancerboy! :mad:

• Members
I think the burden falls on the forumite making the original claim, or at least a source should be provided to the extremely good looking requester to at least
partially
support the original claim long before rebuttals from a third party are necessary. Hard to provide evidence of a
non-event

I stopped using "I asked you first" as an arguement around 3rd grade. :p

• Members
I think the burden falls on the forumite making the original claim, or at least a source should be provided to the extremely good looking requester to at least
partially
support the original claim long before rebuttals from a third party are necessary. Hard to provide evidence of a
non-event
. But keep on dancing, dancerboy!

A little embarrassing!

I'm utterly good looking, and irresistible to women.

To top it off, I've been on the circuit for for decades, and the women folk throwing themselves at my feet are legendary in their quantity and willingness.

Yea, and this means what in the discussion?

• Members

Well let's hear it for the single dad's (like me) that are raising children on their own!!! :thu: (and not on public assistance)....

(Not totally on my own... The evil wench is only a few months behind on child support, but that is a different thread.) :rolleyes:

And how many bassist are to blame for all of this kids running around? I mean, we are a damn sexy group of people and the bass groupies are, um...well... :p:evil:

• Members

Uhh...how on earth did the OP draw the conclusion that they did based on the article that was cited?

Did I read the wrong article?

It says nothing about the percentage of these single parents who required any form of government assistance. It's merely a statistical description of current livebirth trends.

Where on earth did OP come to the conclusions originally mentioned?

(n.b.: my father died slightly before my 2nd birthday. although my parents were married, my widowed mother raised two children by herself without governmental assistance and obtained her PhD in the process. both kids went on to ivy league universities and both obtained doctoral degrees. remind me how her single parent status ruined our lives?)

• Members
A little embarrassing!

I'm utterly good looking, and irresistible to women.

To top it off, I've been on the circuit for for decades, and the women folk throwing themselves at my feet are legendary in their quantity and willingness.

Yea, and this means what in the discussion?

so.....you're really DRF posting under a pseudonym? :confused:

• Members
I stopped using "I asked you first" as an arguement around 3rd grade.
:p

Really? That about when I quit performing partisan political hat tricks!

....you know I really love you, in a "but you're not gettin my bud lite" kind of way. :D

• Members
Well let's hear it for the single dad's (like me) that are raising children on their own!!!
:thu:
(and not on public assistance)....

(Not totally on my own... The evil wench is only a few months behind on child support, but that is a different thread.)
:rolleyes:

And how many bassist are to blame for all of this kids running around? I mean, we are a damn sexy group of people and the bass groupies are, um...well...
:p:evil:

Hear, hear.

I am a single Dad and I have never gotten a penny from my son's mother or the gub'ment.

• Members
I stopped using "I asked you first" as an arguement around 3rd grade.
:p

Really? It's a shame you've gone so long since rejecting one of the most basic tenets of logical argumentation...:cry:

Also, as a general note, I love how defending the concept of unmarried parents being acceptable is somehow "right-wing crap" :D

Archived