4 out of 10 Babies born to unwed mothers

Teletypist

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Your mother sounds like a person I would like, certainly respect. However, in the course of this discussion, the situation is different. You were not born out of wedlock. Tragic circumstance made her a widow. That was different then a woman deciding to have a child/children without a husband on the premises.

But how does that strengthen your argument?

Are you suggesting that women who choose to be single mothers are more likely to need gov't assistance than those who have their husbands taken from them? :confused:

What are you trying to say, man? :confused:

• Members
You're right lug, obviously they wanted to get married........that's probably why.....they didn't.
:D

As for them actually saying it was being forced on them....I give it 6 months before Levi let's the cat out of the bag. His 15 minutes are up for now, and I bet he'll want another.
:lol:

so.....no source?

:D

• Members
But how does that strengthen your argument?

Are you suggesting that women who
choose
to be single mothers are more likely to need gov't assistance than those who have their husbands taken from them?
:confused:

What are you trying to say, man?
:confused:

UH?
Yes?

Just wondering, any recent news event that caught your eye?

• Members
No, you read that wrong.

Mostly, I expect parents to instill some common sense into their children's upbringing. The yuppie generation pretty much passed that option by, just way to much responsibility while they were hunting down a cheap high.

And PLEASE don't try to tell us that raising a child on your own is so much better then doing it in a stable family environment.

That would just be stupid.

I guess the point i am trying to make in so many words, that you don't seem to be picking up, is that just because a child is born out of wedlock does not mean there aren't two ready and willing parents there to rear said child. It seems you are assuming, or at least what you have been saying is that children who are born out of wedlock are born to mothers suckling @ the gov't tit with no Father figure and this is just not the case. It happens but it is not the norm, so I'm asking what specifically bothers you about unwed mothers bearing children? If it is just the unwed mothers that rely on social services then I get it but that makes the stats you quoted off because they included ALL children born out of wedlock. Now if you have a problem with all unwed mothers regardless of their personal circumstances that seems silly and frankly stupid. :wave:

• Moderators
Other than them, you know....
not
getting married and all.
:p

Lots of young people think about getting married and don;t go through with it. Still no proof that Mom and Dad and the dear old Party of Family Values put them up to it temporarily to look good for the campaign season.;)

• Members
I guess the point i am trying to make in so many words, that you don't seem to be picking up, is that just because a child is born out of wedlock does not mean there aren't two ready and willing parents there to rear said child. It seems you are assuming, or at least what you have been saying is that children who are born out of wedlock are born to mothers suckling @ the gov't tit with no Father figure and this is just not the case. It happens but it is not the norm, so I'm asking what specifically bothers you about unwed mothers bearing children? If it is just the unwed mothers that rely on social services then I get it but that makes the stats you quoted off because they included ALL children born out of wedlock. Now if you have a problem with all unwed mothers regardless of their personal circumstances that seems silly and frankly stupid.
:wave:

Actually: yes, there will be one parent.

Actually: by the numbers, yes.

Yes, that would be stupid.

• Members

"Actually: yes, there will be one parent."

Actually: read again, there will likely be TWO parents, because someone is UNWED does not mean there will only be ONE parent. You seem to be completely dismissing the fact that many people raise their children without (shock) being married.

Peace, love and sunshine.

• Members

Lots of young people think about getting married and don;t go through with it. Still no proof that Mom and Dad and the dear old Party of Family Values put them up to it temporarily to look good for the campaign season.
;)

Proof, no. Just evidence. Even once he comes out and tells the world, it will get denied, and there still won't be "proof". Just more evidence. :phil:

Can you prove it wasn't forced on them? :D

• Members

And PLEASE don't try to tell us that raising a child on your own is so much better then doing it in a stable family environment.

Which is worse? Raising a child in an unhealthly home environment where the Father is around, or singly raising one where he isn't?

What about 2 lesbians raising a child in a state that doesn't allow same sex marriages?

• Members
What about 2 lesbians raising a child in a state that doesn't allow same sex marriages?

Ah, but two gay men on the other hand, they'll get a double dose of male rolemodel and be extra good citizens.

You're gonna make his head explode. :lol:

• Members

Since when is "unwed" the same as "single, no-income, low socio-economic status"?

Since Teletypist took charge at the National Vital Statistics Report.

In fact, there are now two categories in the survey: "Wed" and "Welfare Queen".

• Members

Since when is "unwed" the same as "single, no-income, low socio-economic status"?

Since teletypist has long lost any point he tried to make and is desperately grasping at straws trying to keep his rightness in the topic. I odn't think anybody is buying it one bit though.

• Members

Actually: read again, there will likely be TWO parents, because someone is UNWED does not mean there will only be ONE parent. You seem to be completely dismissing the fact that many people raise their children without (shock) being married.

Peace, love and sunshine.

This is the kind of right-wing crap I really hate.

Of course there are two parents. Kinda hard to produce a child with just one.

Yes, many people raise a child by themselves. A thousand is many. Ten thousand is very many. A hundred thousand will fill a stadium.

What about the other millions?

Which world are you living in? I look around me, and the lines at the (free) clinic, and my schools - and all I can say is what dream world are you in?

Reproductive responsibility isn't an option only for the paying members of our society.

• Members
Lots of young people think about getting married and don;t go through with it. Still no proof that Mom and Dad and the dear old Party of Family Values put them up to it temporarily to look good for the campaign season.
;)

It wasn't done to make them look good, it was done so they wouldn't look bad.

Ay, I have no proof. Just 2 eyes, a brain, and some common sense. :D

But hey, Bristol gets pregnant, the father's myspace page says he doesn't want kids (and he's single), her mother joins the Republican ticket, they get engaged (to be married at some unspecified date after high school), the father joins the family at the convention (a day late), then after the election, the engagement is off.

I guess it's plausable that the father's heart was in it. :idk:

It's plausable that OJ didn't kill anyone. :idk:

Archived