Well, I'm in the market for a 5 string....

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

I paid $300 or less for both my Spector Q5 Pros, and would recommend those... A Legend can be had for around that same amount...

- georgestrings

Those are also great deals (esp the neck-through models) if you can find them.

I think they're d/c'd though and have been for a while now.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I paid $300 or less for both my Spector Q5 Pros, and would recommend those... A Legend can be had for around that same amount...

- georgestrings

I'm going to have to keep looking.

Played a Legend 5 Classic at a local shop....and really enjoyed it. Didn't buy it because they want $450 without a case....:mad:

• Members

Sounds interesting. $600 is reasonable, for a quality bass.

Definitely looking for something I'm going to hold onto for a long time.

Any decent basses in the $1k to $600 price range?

I'm going to have to keep looking.

Played a Legend 5 Classic at a local shop....and really enjoyed it. Didn't buy it because they want $450 without a case....
:mad:

If you have 600-1k to spend, just get a Euro. They come up often.

• Members

I'll just say what I always say:

i00.jpg

Owned a G&L L-2500. Great bass, but didn't prefer the string spacing so ditched it for a L-2000. The BTB has a great neck/fretboard, killer sound, the string spacing is perfect (well, for me it is). I've had it 7 years and fall in love with it every time I pick it up. :love:

• Members

I'll just say what I always say:

i00.jpg

Owned a G&L L-2500. Great bass, but didn't prefer the string spacing so ditched it for a L-2000. The BTB has a great neck/fretboard, killer sound, the string spacing is perfect (well, for me it is). I've had it 7 years and fall in love with it every time I pick it up.
:love:

I always really liked the feel on those.

• Members

Finding another Kingston/Heir would be great as they are kickass basses for the price.

So are the Peavey USA made milleniums. Nice one on TB right now. Hard to find a better bass for his kinda $$$$

no, paypal?

That's pretty much what I'm looking for.....basically what the MTD is/was.

• Members

no, paypal?

That's pretty much what I'm looking for.....basically what the MTD is/was.

No paypal, but he's got perfect feedback over there. And those are smoking basses. I had the 4 string version with the detuner and it was a great bass.

They were well over $1000 new. Basically a bolt-on Cirrus.

• Members

Schecter Stilletos are great 5 string basses IMO, as well as:

Peavey Grind,

Peavey Cirrus BXP

That's all I can come up with in your price range that I would buy if I had to buy a 5er.

+1 on the Schecter.

Haven't played the Peaveys, but they also look nice and have gotten positive reviews.

• Members

Schecter Stilletos are great 5 string basses IMO, as well as:

Peavey Grind,

Peavey Cirrus BXP

That's all I can come up with in your price range that I would buy if I had to buy a 5er.

I can't say enough good things about the Stiletto Studio 5'er that I've got . It blows me away every time I pick it up, and I play it a lot...

THe EMG HZ's aren't everyone's taste, but I;ve been able to get fat and crisp tones out of it. I leave my amp EQ flat and never have to have any part of the active EQ all the way up...

Archived