Well, I'm in the market for a 5 string....

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I owned one. I really liked it. Nice bass. I would PROBABLY upgrade the electronics a little bit. Mostly a better preamp. It was kinda trebly.

However, it was a well built bass. I hadn't heard they had truss rod issues, but I didn't keep mine long enough to experience any of that.

• Members

i'd say Schecter Stilettos and G&L Tributes...

... as 5 stringers i wouldnt recommend those BXP Peaveys. the B string is floppy and sounds weak...
... i'm used to very tight B strings, though...
.... they're very good basses, but the 5th string sucks, imo. try them out before you buy them at least, for sure.

• Members

I owned one. I really liked it. Nice bass. I would PROBABLY upgrade the electronics a little bit. Mostly a better preamp. It was kinda trebly.

However, it was a well built bass. I hadn't heard they had truss rod issues, but I didn't keep mine long enough to experience any of that.

Why'd you ditch it?

• Members
$1k is expensive to me......

Like I said, I was hoping to find a nice 5 string for $500 or so........so far that isn't happening. I don't want an ibanez or schecter either.
:o

You can't fake a good B string/5'er as well you can a 4, which is why there's so many "meh" ones.

If you want to go Spector but not up to the Euro, get a ReBop or the Professional (Korean) series. You can even get the Prof's in neck-through while staying way under your limit.

• Members
I've got a Legend Bubinga 4, that I really like......

....and I've temporarily got a Q5 that's pretty nice....The low B is miles better then my Jazz.....although, I have to ship teh Q5 out to GRANKOR monday.

bassnw has a nice ReBop for $600.
:idk:

That's not a bad deal on the ReBop at all.
Same exact one my original act singer has. I use it from time to time. Check with Mark but ya, I think my guy paid around $800 for his?

Archived